× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Port Forwarding

RNGeus000
Aspirant

Port Forwarding

im trying to make a unturned server andi opened the port 27015 and when i laugh the server no one can join and when i check it it says its closed timed out but the server open to that port but no one can join or anything.  ive done everything so im about to change to a differnt routher and see if it works 

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 10
schumaku
Guru

Any other NAT device (ISP modem/router) in front of the R7000N?

Your ISP does assign a public IP address to the router WAN/Internet interface some Carrier-Grade NAT (CGN) as per RFC6598 or a private RFC1918 address?

Correct protocol forwarded - UDP or TCP?

Service up and running, no host based firewall prohibiting access?

Message 2 of 10
RNGeus000
Aspirant

I have only the one router and I have to use both protocols and I’ve did it both ways to see and no luck. And I turned off my firewall and didn’t work so I added a rule to me firewall and no luck so I don’t know. I just need to fix this Bc now when I check port 80 it’s closed too.
Message 3 of 10
schumaku
Guru

Where to is the WAN/Internet port connected?

What is the first number of the WAN/Internet interface assigned IPv4 address (Advanced tab - Internet Port - IP Address)?

Message 4 of 10
RNGeus000
Aspirant

Like what do u mean all my Ethernet ports are plugged in and everything and I have charter As a isp.
Message 5 of 10
schumaku
Guru

Cable modem, or cable modem/router combo, ...? Another NAT router in front of the Nigthhawk will be cumbersome. 

Message 6 of 10
RNGeus000
Aspirant

I have a cable modem and then a router. I have another router but it’s not plugged up should I just try that one instead
Message 7 of 10
schumaku
Guru

The cable modem isn't acting as a NAT router, too? Many of these are ...

Again, compare the IPv4 address on your router Internet/WAN port (check the tiles on the [Advanced] view) against any "google what is my IP address" ... does iboth show the same?

Message 8 of 10
RNGeus000
Aspirant

i looked on google my ip adress and looked on the netgear and they matched up.  am i surpposed to have my router on ap mode or routher mode and my internet port page has only  External Start Port and Internal Start Port and my local ip address so idk??

Message 9 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@RNGeus000 wrote:

i looked on google my ip adress and looked on the netgear and they matched up. 

Great, so no provider Carrier Grade NAT involved

@RNGeus000 wrote:

am i surpposed to have my router on ap mode or routher mode

Router mode of course.

@RNGeus000 wrote:

my internet port page has only  External Start Port and Internal Start Port and my local ip address so idk??

Use the same tart port for external and internal, the number of internal port(s) is derived from the external port range. If you want only one, put the same to start and end. and then select the LAN device where you want the forward to go to.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7