× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Triggering Modern Warfare

Rowns
Aspirant

Port Triggering Modern Warfare

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've used a router other than the one supplied by my ISP.

I've got a Moderate Nat Type in Modern Warfare on PC, but I also play on PS4 & Xbox One, so port forwarding isn't an option. 

I'm trying to set up port triggering, but the whole page is confusing the hell outta me.

The ports I have for MW are, TCP: 3074, 27014-27050 - UDP: 3074, 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036

but looking at the port triggering fields, I don't know what goes where.

Triggering Port? is that 3074? then do I duplicate that in the starting & ending ports?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, any apologies for being such a novice, it's been a while.

Thanks

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Port Triggering Modern Warfare

Are you using UPnP? That would usually be the easiest option. Triggering can be tricky to get working correctly. First in WAN Settings set NAT to Open instead of Secure, does that give you an Open NAT? Also if you're reading the NAT status from the game then it's probable that the Geo-Filter is causing a misreading.
Message 2 of 3
Swft
Initiate

Re: Port Triggering Modern Warfare

Start here...

Go to XBox advanced network settings and select manual alternate port. For reference, we'll call that port "50000".

On triggering page, populate one rule (single address@your xbox, ST@UDP, TP@3544, CT@TCPUDP, SP@50000, EP@50000)

Clear all port forwarding. For now.

Turn on UPnP.

Restart router and xbox. When xbox boots back up, you'll find UPnP populate 50000UDPto50000UDP. When MW turns on, you'll see 3075 populate. In logs at xbox boot, you'll see 3544 connect to 50000 and establish a a connection on your box.

Should open you up. Process can be repeated for multiple units.

You'll also want to adjust QoS. UDP 3074 to 3300 is what I use. Also, 30k to 55k UDP. Little extra packets in high priority, but mostly just game traffic.

Bunch of other fun tricks, but that should get you going.

Enjoy.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7