× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Printer cannot connect to XR500 over wifi

mattrichards
Guide

Printer cannot connect to XR500 over wifi

I have a XR500 running firmware V2.3.2.56 and a new Epson ET-2720. I am attempting to connect the printer to the XR500 over wifi, but I am getting an error on the Epson (E-9 - print out of error sheet attached). As others have reported, I also cannot load the Devices list on the iOS app, and I am getting R-App timeout warnings in the web dashboard (screenshot attached). I assume these two errors are related. 

How do I resolve this? 

IMG_4147.jpgscreenshot.png

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Printer cannot connect to XR500 over wifi

I can only see your first picture but I would suggest you first disable QoS completely in the Anti-Bufferbloat option menu as that would most likely be the cause.
Message 2 of 6
mattrichards
Guide

So I have no explaination for this, and I feel silly even reporting it but... I left the house immediately after reporting this for about two hours. When I returned our internet had gone out and we needed to restart our modem and the router. After restart, it just worked... the printer was connected to the network and we printed to it from MacOS, iOS, iPad OS and Windows successfully. Moreover, the Devices list on the web app and mobile app also now works. 

Again, I have no explaination for this.

Message 3 of 6
bryan441
Guide

Did you check it after restarting all your devices?

Message 4 of 6
mattrichards
Guide

Yeah, see my note above.

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Well that's great! Glad to hear it's all working, sometimes a reboot really is all that is needed.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7