× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem in replacement of Xr500 gaming router

Jatt33
Aspirant

Problem in replacement of Xr500 gaming router

i have XR500 gaming router(purchased in November2018), for some reason router is not working and get burnt smell from adapter even in beginning i complaint that adapter sound alot(by calling on customer service number but they neglect and over look problem that i am facing.
After so many calls they provided RMA for adapter replacement only. I asked for replacement of both products but they gave me reason they can replace only 1 item at once( and that make no sense) and said router is not available in india and they told me to courier adapter to new delhi warehouse where adapter of XR500 is available and i sent it. And few days i got call from warehouse that they dont have adapter for XR500 but they can provide me alternative adapter of other router with same specifications.
And nothing work only usb2 light on... i am facing problem more then 2- 3 weeks. I dont get any service in india here. I did email to customer.service@netgear.com ..but no1 reply .. please tell what to do .. im fed up being calling everyday to customer care and sometime i felt thst choosing netgear is wrong decision. I dont know how to replace my product
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Problem in replacement of Xr500 gaming router

Hi Jatt, sorry to hear you're having this issue. This is a community forum so we can't specifically help with replacements of products. Do you have a ticket number? If so we can pass that on to get it escalated and hopefully resolve the issue.
Message 2 of 6
Jatt33
Aspirant

My case number is 41045976
And RMA number of adapter replacement is 3466445
And the alternative adapter i got part number is 332-10881-01
After local customer service didnt help me in 3 weeks so i have to post here.. i dont know where else to go now.. my device is 4 month old and still facing these issue pls help!
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 6
Jatt33
Aspirant

My case number is 41045976
My RMA number of adapter is 3466445
Alternative adapter part number is 332-10881-01
Its more then 3 weeks and local customer service didnt sort out my problem that why i post here. I dotn know where else to go. Pls help me regarding this problem
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I have PM'd a Netgear representative your information so hopefully they'll be able to escalate it for you
Message 5 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Jatt33, 

Thank you for your post. I have notified our Customer Care Team to look into your case and you should be contacted with an update as soon as possible. 

~Christian 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7