× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with zoom

BrokenDome
Initiate

Problems with zoom

Hello.  I having been having an issue with my router since I purchased it.  I don't believe that it's my router, I believe that my settings are not properly done, but I am not sure how to fix it.  First, when I am attending meetings and classes via zoom, zoom keeps telling me that my internet is unstable.  The other parties cannot see my camera or hear me when I talk even though my microphone and camera are turned on and working properly.  Second, I play some mobile games on my phone and at times it says that my connection is unstable.  I have checked my network monitoring over zoom and it says I am using .3 mbps download which seems low.  I have 1gbps internet speeds and I get close to 900 mps on my desktop that is hardwired, I get about 100 mbps on my cell phone, and 350 mbps or better on my laptop which is not hardwired.  I checked my zoom settings and it says that I have 0% packet loss.  I assume this is an issue with the QoS or antibufferbloat, but I don't know what the deal is.  I currently have the QoS set to "When high priority traffic is detected" and I have DumaOS classified games checked.  I have the share excess with all devices box checked and I currently have my laptop set to 20% which allows it 183.49 mbps though I think that only comes in to play if things are being queued but my family never reaches the 1 gbps cap that I have and I don't know what's going on.  Now I did not have this problem with zoom or my phone when I still had the old router before I bought the XR500, however I wanted faster speeds and for the most part I am getting them.  If you could please help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Problems with zoom

Please try disabling DumaOS Classified Games and see if that helps. If it doesn't then toggle SIP ALG in WAN Settings and see if that fixes it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Please try disabling DumaOS Classified Games and see if that helps. If it doesn't then toggle SIP ALG in WAN Settings and see if that fixes it.
Message 2 of 4
BrokenDome
Initiate

Thank you very much for the quick reply.  After I turned off DumaOS Classified Games like you said, it seems to be running much better.  Not sure why this feature would make a difference but I definitely appreciate your help.  Thank you!!

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It was likely classifying something else as high priority traffic and that was putting zoom in a network queue which caused the issues. When not using zoom you can re-enable for your games.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7