× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

QOS problem on netgear XR500

shunk
Tutor

QOS problem on netgear XR500

Hello everyone, I'm posting my problem because I'm so frustrated that I can't solve it, so I'm counting on your help

My problem is with the QOS, an error message (Device not found).
I already had this problem that is solved by magic but I can't solve it even by going through the factory reset.
I can't prioritize my traffic anymore

Message 1 of 20

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: QOS problem on netgear XR500

Did this occur after upgrading to the latest firmware version?

The way to solve this is to downgrade to the previous firmware version, factory reset the XR, then re-upgrade to the latest without factory resetting.

Try that and let us know if you're still having issues afterwards.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Did this occur after upgrading to the latest firmware version?

The way to solve this is to downgrade to the previous firmware version, factory reset the XR, then re-upgrade to the latest without factory resetting.

Try that and let us know if you're still having issues afterwards.

Message 2 of 20
shunk
Tutor

good evening, thank you for your help, everything works.
I have updated to version .114 and make the manipulation propose it to work well I find the functionality of the QOS
I can't access the settings page for opening NAT ports because upnp doesn't work with my console connected to a cable network, but it does work with wifi

Message 3 of 20
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK that's good, so you now have access to QoS and can configure it properly, correct?

Are you referring to accessing the settings for the XR500? Or are you referring to your ISP router?

We have this guide here suggesting some things you can do to help with NAT issues, perhaps give that a read here:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open...

Message 4 of 20
shunk
Tutor

yes the QOS problem is solved and I can configure

I was referring to accessing the XR500 settings because I don't have an upstream router, shortly after your answers I was able to access it but still with the upnp problem

The port opening is not a problem this one works it would have just been better that the upnp takes care of it
Message 5 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Where are you seeing an issue with UPnP specifically? Set NAT to Open instead and see if that works better for you.
Message 6 of 20
shunk
Tutor

I see a problem with UPnP with my ps4 console, when I connect it via cable I'm in moderate nat type and no ports are open in the upnp tab, but when I connect it via wifi I go to open nat and the ports open in the upnp tab. J'ai essayer de passer de sécuriser a public et j'ai bien une nat ouvert sauf que aucune règle n'est afficher dans l'onglet UPNP

I also found that the bandwidth allocation qos works at 50%, the upload bandwidth is not limited if I reduce the rule to the maximum on my devices, nothing happens, whereas for the download bandwidth it works

Message 7 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Where are you checking the NAT status exactly? NAT to Open wouldn't show any entries in UPnP as it's not using UPnP but will be more effective. Bandwidth Allocation doesn't limit bandwidth unless you disable Share Excess, however, Congestion Control will limit bandwidth.
Message 8 of 20
shunk
Tutor

I check it in game directly, I had tested it worked but I was wondering why there was nothing in UPNP this explains it.

I tested this on my laptop and I can't limit my devices' bandwidth even after resetting the distribution...because that's what bandwidth allocation is for

Message 9 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Congestion Control will limit your speeds to eliminate local congestion/lag, Bandwidth Allocation allocates bandwidth to devices but if they aren't using it all they can freely give it to other devices. You can only achieve a true limit of bandwidth with Bandwidth Allocation if you disable share excess
Message 10 of 20
shunk
Tutor

I think we misunderstood each other, I have a problem concerning this (QOS), I have made some tests showing my problem in this pdf file attached

Message 11 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't think that is anything to do with Bandwidth Allocation, if you don't have share excess off it won't limit so more likely the bandwidth is fluctuating. Do you have ALL devices connected to the XR? What is Congestion Control set to? How is Traffic Prioritization set?
Message 12 of 20
shunk
Tutor

the problem is that I have disabled the sharing access and nothing happens, yes they all are because my ONT is directly connected to the router's WAN so I don't have another router, it is set to automatic activation but I have also tried to always activate and deactivate it and it doesn't change anything
the traffic prioritization is set for my ps4

Message 13 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay thanks, are you using PPPoE/VLAN/IPv6?
Message 14 of 20
shunk
Tutor

yes i use vlan for iptv and internet it was configure automatically when i enter my ID of FAI

I also use ipv6 which was configured automatically

Message 15 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ah okay I think that is why, do you have another router you can use to handle IPv6/VLAN instead of the XR? Then QoS would work correctly.
Message 16 of 20
shunk
Tutor

I had chosen the xr500 because it allowed me to connect directly to the internet while removing the ISP box
If I just disable ipv6 it could sew up the problem? I have a problem adding a router because the fai routers are really bad

Message 17 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You could try it with IPv6 disabled but I believe VLAN will still cause the issue to happen, it is something we're looking into to get fixed.
Message 18 of 20
shunk
Tutor

I tried disabling ipv6 and upgrading to the latest version .134 I was on .130 as I find it more stable, no change
I'm not sure if it's because of the vlan that the bandwidth allocation works only for download and not upload
I bought the netgear router so I could get rid of the ISP router but unfortunately it's not totally the case, so I tried to re-install this one (ISP router) but I can't connect it to the internet nor configure it, I hope it's just a temporary bug for the QOS and that it will be easy for you to fix it, I hope I've been useful and I thank you for your help, I'll come back to you if needed

Message 19 of 20
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yeah it will be VLAN, if you can get the ISP router working and handling all that then QoS upload will work while we look into it
Message 20 of 20
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7