× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Qos

Luke140898
Guide

Qos

Everytime i adjust my qos settings it says "RPC error 'ERROR_NOENT': Rule not found in chain"

Thnaks luke

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you perform a factory reset please and see if you get the issue after that?
Message 2 of 16
Luke140898
Guide

hi , thanks it fixed the problem with qos . i have a problem with my ping mainly on call of duty moderrn warfare that i have noticed would i have to make a new post ?

Message 3 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No need, what is the issue you're having specifically?
Message 4 of 16
Luke140898
Guide

ive noticed i get ping spikes occasionally between 19ms -30 ms on duma os but on modern warfare it shows i have a ping of 30, 40 or 50 ms sometimes i have Qos enabled and hyper traffic enabled i was wondering if this is a problem with my setup ? i do use the geo filter but i cant get a game under that ping in game it always shows that ive got atleast 33ms ping.

Message 5 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The difference in ping is related to the way the calculate it on the game. The Geo-Filter ping is what you can control and is direct to the server. The variance isn't too bad, what ping do you get when you do a speedtest.net test?
Message 6 of 16
Luke140898
Guide

when i do a speed test i get 8.88ms ping ive attached a screenshot .

Message 7 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's your base ping and I would expect the game ping to be 10-20ms higher than that so that's about right for what you're getting. 30ms then is good for you. The in game being higher - they include things like processing delay which all games have but not all choose to show.
Message 8 of 16
Luke140898
Guide

oh okay , is there any way i can improve my base ping to get a better in game ping ? im currently with virgin media .

Message 9 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Unlikely, it is determined by what ISP you're with/your routing. You could try contacting VM but they'll likely tell you it's within acceptable parameters which it is or that they can't do anything.
Message 10 of 16
Luke140898
Guide

would something like this help reduce ping for games ? https://www.exitlag.com/en/how-it-works

or having a VPN ?

Message 11 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If they have better routing to a game server then it is possible yes.
Message 12 of 16
Luke140898
Guide

hi tried it out last night turns out its only for pc. i did notice last night the server for modern warfare in irleand has dispared ? on the geo filter

Message 13 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The server there is for authentication purposes so wouldn't affect your game ping at all - it just ensures that you can connect to their online service.
Message 14 of 16
Luke140898
Guide

Oh okay for some reason it don’t show on the geo filter anymore though It’s just disappeared and only the America Authentication server shows up and when I load the game some of the servers show up as player icons ?
Message 15 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sometimes they'll take servers offline for maintenance etc or take them offline for good, as long as you can connect to the menu properly then it's fine. They're likely misclassified as peers and should be servers, we'll be doing a cloud update to rectify it.
Message 16 of 16
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7