× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Quick Start Guide for the XR300, XR450, XR500, XR700

bacevedo
Community Manager

Quick Start Guide for the XR300, XR450, XR500, XR700

-4058084198071114301_IMG_1335.JPG

The XR series has an incredibly powerful router operating system that gives you control of your home network.

It is pre-installed on the NETGEAR Nighthawk XR300, XR500, XR450 and XR700.

Setting up your Router

The first step in accessing the operating system on your router is to connect a PC or laptop to your router. You can do this either with a wired or wireless.

If using WiFi, search for your router’s Wi-Fi name (SSID) and enter the password.

• On all the XR series routers, the default name and password are on a label on your router 

Accessing The Operating System

The OS is compatible with most Internet browsers. For the best experience we recommend using Google Chrome; although you can use Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 as well.

In your browser, type the following into your address bar:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming users should type: routerlogin.net or the router’s LAN IP address (which by default is 192.168.1.1) into the address bar 

You will then be asked to sign into your router. The default details are:

admin

password

Make sure to type these in lower case and in English

A welcome tour and setup wizard should now introduce you to the OS. Follow this tour to get started and we recommend you also look these Optimal Settings Guides.

We hope you enjoy using your Nighthawk Pro Gaming router.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router, XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Thakaekae
Tutor

So I bought this router hoping it will help with latency issues while I play destiny 2 on pc. I set the router up and it did a speed test i got 117down and 13 up. Better than my 100/10 package . Then further into the setup wizard i had to update the firmware. After i did that my internet speeds wired dropped significantly . My DL was 1.5 and upload sould time out and i would get latency errors. I tried 10 times resetting to factory settings and nothing changed and the firmware was stuck on most recent update. I didn't adjust any settings in the router. I tried all 4 ethernet ports. I made sure his was off. Nothing changed. So I returned and got another in Hope's that I could just run the factory firmware and apparently I cannot. It is forcing me to update to latest. Is their a way I could go with out updating this firmware. I have an ac6900r2 that did the exact same thing when I updated the firmware so I factory reset it to factory firmware and it works perfectly fine .
Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you didn't change any settings after the setup wizard then you wouldn't have changed the bandwidth settings to put in the speeds you should get to allow you to get to higher speeds. You can always downgrade to the previous firmware after completing the setup wizard if you find it to be more stable for you.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7