× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R-App is not loaded yet. Still happening but fixed it myself.

Endorphine71
Apprentice

R-App is not loaded yet. Still happening but fixed it myself.

Had a support case opened for this issue with my new router I got yesterday.  Just wanted to share this info in case it happens to anyone else that gets a new one, and has the R-Apps not loading.  Glad the new router is finally working and I can now do some serious QoS for my gaming. 

Hello Netgear,

You can go ahead and close my case.

When I setup the router initially it asked to do the firmware upgrade to version 2.2.1.10. I did that and most of the R-Apps would time out and not load. The QoS and Geo-Filter pages would not come up at all. I did a factory reset, keeping the upgraded firmware and went through setup wizard again. No change.

I saw the forum posts from NetDuma engineers that said to upgrade to the 2.1.0.4, as this fixed the R-App issues. Doing this would require me to downgrade the firmware. Since no one was able to help me yesterday, I went ahead and tired this to see if it would fix the issue.

To my surprise, after downgrading the firmware, the R-Apps now loaded! Woot! I then went ahead and did the firmware update to 2.2.1.10 and the R-Apps are still loading. So problem fixed.

I assume that whatever fix that was in the 2.1.0.4 firmware didn't make it in 2.2.1.10, and/or it doesn't always fix the issue. Sorry I didn't think to see what version of firmware my router shipped with. So far I have been happily impressed with the speed, stability and the DumaOS.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for letting us know - I think installing the older firmware probably filled in a gap in your original firmware. You should now always be fine to be on th latest version from now. Well done for fixing it!
Message 2 of 3
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Endorphine71,

I'm glad that the community posts helped you figure out the resolution to your issue. Also thank you for mentioning to the community the steps towards your resolution. :]

- Jason N

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7