× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P short lifespan?

pcorning
Aspirant

R7000P short lifespan?

I'm getting sick of returning my Netgear R7000P (this will be the third time)...I have a Best Buy protection plan, so it doesn't cost me anything, but I'm wondering if I should give up and switch to a different model or even brand.

For me the R7000P lasts for 4-6 months before having problems.  These problems range from not booting anymore (with red lights on), needing constant resets since it totally crashes and is nonresponsive, and (with my current one) the 5GHz band is now cutting out constantly.

I have my router plugged into a very expensive surge protector...which is plugged into an even more expensive UPS.  So, I don't think the problems are power related.

I'm currently running stock firmware.

I do have a large number of network devices at my house, 33 (combination of wifi and wired).  Is it possible I'm just overloading these routers?

Any ideas?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7000P short lifespan?

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk
You might try Voxels 3rd party FW as well. 

@pcorning wrote:

I'm getting sick of returning my Netgear R7000P (this will be the third time)...I have a Best Buy protection plan, so it doesn't cost me anything, but I'm wondering if I should give up and switch to a different model or even brand.

For me the R7000P lasts for 4-6 months before having problems.  These problems range from not booting anymore (with red lights on), needing constant resets since it totally crashes and is nonresponsive, and (with my current one) the 5GHz band is now cutting out constantly.

I have my router plugged into a very expensive surge protector...which is plugged into an even more expensive UPS.  So, I don't think the problems are power related.

I'm currently running stock firmware.

I do have a large number of network devices at my house, 33 (combination of wifi and wired).  Is it possible I'm just overloading these routers?

Any ideas?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7