× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 fails to connect to internet after upgrade to v1.0.1.28

MikeM06
Follower

R7800 fails to connect to internet after upgrade to v1.0.1.28

I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7800 router running firmware version v1.0.0.40 connect to a BT Infinity service via a modem provided by BT.

Everyting thing has been working fine for year with no issues.

I upgraded the firmware to v1.0.2.60 and following this it would no connect to the internet.  I checked all the setting for the connection but could not get the router to connect.

I downgraded it back to v1.0.0.40 and everything worked fine again.

I then discovered that by upgrading to v1.0.1.28 or higher resulted in the rounter not being able to connect to my BT infinity service so now I am frozed at v1.0.0.40 as this is highest release that works.

I saw some articles regarding the login name and password for bt broadband but in my case the bt broadband has password unset so i simple login with

user: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

password: <blank>

Any ideas?

Mike

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7800 fails to connect to internet after upgrade to v1.0.1.28

You'll need to post this over here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.

I would factory reset the R7800 and set up from scratch and walk thru the setup wizard. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7