Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000

GT6
Aspirant
Aspirant

R8000

I recently bought a 2nd PS4. Both are hardwired but we can not join teams together as the new consoles NAT is set to strict. How can I change this? Iam not tech person by any means. Thanks in advanced
Message 1 of 4
GT6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: R8000

Juts to add. We can play the same gamer other games with no problems at the same time. Juts can not join up on teams.
Message 2 of 4
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Hey!

Thanks for posting, as this is an R8000, i'd suggest posting this in the Nighthawk Wi-Fi routers sub-forum instead:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Have requested moving this thread to the Nighthawk WiFi section already.

Typical cause are dual NAT situation (yet another router, ie. an ISP router doing NAT, or there is any kind of ISP NAT or CGN Carrier Grade NAT in place), or there is an issue with UPnP PMP not properly working (Netgear had an issue back in 2019 with 1.0.4.46 if the old cells are right) or UPnP PMP is simply disabled.

Compare what IP address your router Advanced -> Internet Port -> IP Address shows, and compare with a "google What's my IP" does bring you back as the "Your public IP address". If this is not the same - talk to your ISP and request a public routeable IP address assigned. If it shows the same address - otherwise it's useless - go ahead.

Open Advanced -> Advanced Setup -> UPnP. check that UPnP is enabled. with both PS4 and the game up, check the "UPnP port map table". There you should see - eg. for a team party chat 3075/UDP twice on the "Int. Port" (once for each PS4 LAN IP), and [if avilable] one on the "Ext. port" on 3075, and one on a random port in the similar range, like 3151 in this example. This will allow the communication as you are seeking for. Don't worry, the PS4 and the router UPnP PMP will to everything right (hundred thousands of similar units out there!) - permitting your ISP does give you a real IP address.

UPnP party chat 3075 UDP.PNG

Under the line? Not much of a Netgear support issue at all....

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7