× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Random disconnects since updating to latest firmware...Random disconnects.

deadbyboring
Aspirant

Random disconnects since updating to latest firmware...Random disconnects.

Since upgrading to the   2.3.2.40 firmware on my XR500 my Xbox One X, on a wired connection, randomly disconnects. The  Xbox One S I have on a wireless connection has zero issues.  The disconnect is typically short,  I lose service for 2–5 seconds on average and then it resumes—just enough to have me drop from a game.  There has been 1 longer disconnect that was 30+ seconds.  I am not sure how long it lasted as frustration had me turn the system off. 

Any assistance on how to fix this issue is greatly appreciated. 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does it occur on any other wired devices? Are you using the Geo-Filter with the X?
Message 2 of 5
deadbyboring
Aspirant

I only have one other wired device but it's my iMac. The disconnects are so short,  I am not sure if they are happening there and if they are I haven't been aware of them.  I did have Geo-Filter on but turned it off while troubleshooting today. I  haven't had a chance to test it yet though.   

Also forgot to mention, I  noticed that the X no longer appears as a connected device in the Network Monitor when its being used.  

Message 3 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Is this happening in-game? Or is it just at bootup?

Could you try disabling Instant-On mode on your Xbox and see if that resolves your issues?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to set up IP address reservations for your devices ON the router. 

Swap out LAN cables between the router and xbox to test. Connect the xbox wirelessly to see if problem continues as well.

@deadbyboring wrote:

Since upgrading to the   2.3.2.40 firmware on my XR500 my Xbox One X, on a wired connection, randomly disconnects. The  Xbox One S I have on a wireless connection has zero issues.  The disconnect is typically short,  I lose service for 2–5 seconds on average and then it resumes—just enough to have me drop from a game.  There has been 1 longer disconnect that was 30+ seconds.  I am not sure how long it lasted as frustration had me turn the system off. 

Any assistance on how to fix this issue is greatly appreciated. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7