× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 and CM1150V modem randomly disconnects everything wired and wireless.

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've moved this topic to the correct forum.

What firmware is the XR500 using? When did this start happening? What is your exact physical setup? e.g. CM1150V > XR500 > all devices
Message 2 of 11
OmgItsPaco
Tutor

XR500 and CM1150V modem randomly disconnects everything wired and wireless.

Hi I have a CM1150V connected striaght into a RX500. I randomly get disconnects but the thing is my router and modem status lights shows it still connected to the internet. Every device is disconnected including my hardwired PS4 and PC and my Wireless Iphone X. The only way to get back online is to unplug and plug back in modem and router. I need consistency its very important for me since I play online tournaments and Stream on Twitch. 

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 11
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

In the CM1150V, is there a DMZ option?

Also that screenshot you sent is so small that I can't read it. Could you send a bigger version? You could attach it, or you could send a dropbox/wetransfer link.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

The CM1150v is a modem only with phone support. There is not router built in thus no DMZ. 

Message 4 of 11
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Ooh right, didn't know that, thanks.

I don't know much Netgear hardware beyond the Nighthawk Pro Gaming series Smiley Embarassed

Message 5 of 11
OmgItsPaco
Tutor

I'm not sure if this screenshot is bigger or not for you. If not could you please tell me how to make it bigger 

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 6 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What firmware is the XR500 using? When did this start happening? What is your exact physical setup? e.g. CM1150V > XR500 > all devices

The picture is too blurry even when enlarged, take an actual screenshot rather than a picture with a phone and it'll be fine.
Message 7 of 11
OmgItsPaco
Tutor

Sorry about that. I will take a screenshot when and if this happens again. I don't have it in my logs anymore sadly. I appreciate the help though. 

Message 8 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay keep us posted and let me know the answers to those questions should it happen again.
Message 9 of 11
Taz71
Aspirant

Did you get the wifi issue resolved?  I recently purchased the CM1150V and have the XR500 router and now my wifi devices are not connected.  I hope there is a fix to this problem.

Your help is appreciated. 

Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What do you mean they're not connected exactly? Can you see the WiFi in your devices WiFi list?
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7