× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadySHARE not working with Windows 1903

OlegP
Apprentice

ReadySHARE not working with Windows 1903

So I've had 1903 upgrade install itself on all of my Win 10 machines at home and it has killed the ReadyShare utility on all of them.

It will not display a USB printer anymore when I launch the utility. I've reainstalled the latest 1.36 version several times without any success.

After digging around on the interwebs, I found someone mentioning that the ReadyShare application is not compatible with the latest 1903 build.

Is there a fix for this or is there a newer version in the works?

Thanks

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sounds like there needs to be an update to ReadyShare, I will pass this on to Netgear.
Message 2 of 8
OlegP
Apprentice

Much obliged since we rely on the utility in order to use one of our USB-only laser printers.

Message 3 of 8
OlegP
Apprentice

Any news about the Windows print share utility or can someone from Netgear tell when it'll be available to be used on the latest Windows build? I'm surprised that it's taking so long since 1903 has been out out for a while and surely I'm not the only one that has encountered this issue by now.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I haven't heard anything but I will chase this up for you.
Message 5 of 8
Sladner84
Guide

I cant seem to get ReadySHARE to work anymore either... have we figured out a solution yet?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 6 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi @Sladner84, you have a different router so it would be best if you posted in the Nighthawk WiFi router section if you're having issues.
Message 7 of 8
Sladner84
Guide

I was able to get it working 🙂
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7