× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recommended method for selling and upgrading

ShadowLightStuf
Follower

Recommended method for selling and upgrading

So I'm looking to upgrade from the XR500 pro gaming router to the next step up (XR700 pro gaming router). If you must know why, the gist of it is testing out the speed and seeing if I would actually benefit from the upgraded router. Anyways, buying the new router shouldn't be a problem. It's selling the old one to recoup some of the cost of the more expensive router. So my questions are these:

1. Where would you recommend selling the router?
  2. Besides factory resetting the router, what would you recommend I do before sending it off to a buyer?
  3. My current router is in great working condition even after a lot of moderate to heavy use, but it goes without saying that it is used. Should I have it refurbished?
    • If yes, where and how would I go about doing this?
  4. If I do decide to go through with all of this, which shipping carrier would you recommend?
    • I'm thinking I want quality (meaning the package won't arrive damaged) over speed and price. I won't worry about speed if the buyer doesn't mind a slower speed.

Some other things to note:

• I like the DumaOS GUI and would prefer to keep that.
  • I have a Netgear WIFI mesh extender (EX8000) and would prefer to keep things in the Netgear family if I can.

I was also considering a WIFI 6 router, but decided against it because I don't have any devices that could take advantage of most of what this standard offers. However, if you have any other recommendations for an upgrade, please feel free to share.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7