× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router Configuration

DuGo2Guy
Aspirant

Router Configuration

Is there any detailed Doc, other than Man Doc that came with my Unit that details router capabilities. That is, before I go and destroy my working standard configuration by not understanding the consequences of one or another check box, is there any elaborating Doc. Example, I know what a DMZ is, but within the Netgear family routers, if I start messing with this configuration is it in conjunction with my standard WAN/LAN configuration or exclusive of it. As with MS, which is like reading War and Peace, there's a lot of "you Cans but available Doc falls short of "This is what you are physically doing". 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Not really. 

For DMZ information:

www.dslreports.com/shownews/Networking-101-The-DMZ-137550

Try looking some things up on NG support site and see what KB articles come up for you. 

Ask questions in the appropriate forums...

If you have a RAX series router, visit and post over in the RAX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Not really. 

For DMZ information:

www.dslreports.com/shownews/Networking-101-The-DMZ-137550

Try looking some things up on NG support site and see what KB articles come up for you. 

Ask questions in the appropriate forums...

If you have a RAX series router, visit and post over in the RAX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 5
DuGo2Guy
Aspirant

That figures. I've already read similar articles as above, related RFCs et al. I wouldn't expect the Standards Folk to dictate implementation but it would be helpful if the Implementation Folk could supply HW block diagrams et al of their equipment.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Something that I've not seen done or experienced in various router mfrs. They all seem to do there own thing and for the most part, DMZ does work as expected and seems to follow most standards though seems to be some varied experiences. 

Message 4 of 5
DuGo2Guy
Aspirant

Yes, there was a time I was a Gov. contractor. They required detailed Doc fo the gadgets we produced. Not the case in the commercial world. Like I said before, lots of you cans, but little on the detail of how to.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7