× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router Login by name

Daggerz
Follower

Router Login by name

On some routers like the last one I had, I was able to name my router so that I could then just type the name of it in my internet browser's address bar and go to my router's setup page. I have tried looking on this router and thought I found where to do that (I did change my device name), but I am not able to access my router by the device name. Is this something that is possible with this router?

Basically I am wanting to know if I can assign a name like 'Monkey' and access the router my typing 'monkey' into my browser instead of routerlogin.net.

Thank you.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Killhippie
Prodigy

Im afraid not you have to type that or the IP its on, the default is 192.168.1.1 but that can be changed of course, you cant give it a name lthough.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Killhippie
Prodigy

Im afraid not you have to type that or the IP its on, the default is 192.168.1.1 but that can be changed of course, you cant give it a name lthough.

Message 2 of 4
BIG_DOG
Luminary

As has been said above, you cannot do what you want. You could just add the router login to your bookmarks and access it within 2 mouse clicks!

Message 3 of 4
Killhippie
Prodigy

You can indeed, I tend to just type it in for added security as I dont want my browser remembering the login, thats my bit of paranoia online but the option BIG_DOG gives works works fine.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7