Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router config

DL157
Aspirant

Router config

Hello,

I had my router set up and working fine for months.  Then, what seems like all of a sudden, i lost connection to every device in my house.  I called my ISP, they sent a tech, and verifired no issues on thier end. 

My WIFI netowrk, which i re-named has reset back to NETGEAR.  I did not perform a factory reset, so not sure why it would do this.  I am able to connect my devices to this network now, but when i try to access the GUI, i log in,  to routerlogin.net, but the only option i have is to change my password.  When I change it, nothing happens after.  

Any ideas, should i perform a factory reset?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router config

What model router do you have? 

Message 2 of 8
DL157
Aspirant

C7000v2
Message 3 of 8
DL157
Aspirant

AC1900 WIFI
Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post in this forum for your modem/router combo unit:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

So after changing the SSID from NETGEAR to something else, devices would not connect to the newer SSID name? 

Yes, do a factory reset and setup from scratch. When given the opportunity, change the SSID from the default one to something different. Can be anything you chose. Then see if your devices connect. You may need to tell the devices to forget there prior settings, reboot then try to connect to the new SSID name. 

Message 6 of 8
DL157
Aspirant

The factory reset worked. The weird thing I already had it set up, and it did a factory reset on its own with no intervention from me
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7