× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router consistently rebooting daily

jmreeves1982
Aspirant

Router consistently rebooting daily

I have only had this router for about a week now. Every day between 5pm to 8pm local time for myself. The lan ports stop working. 
The router is plugged directly into the wall, not a powerstrip against my better judgement since my computer, 2 monitors, and cable modem are also plugged into a powerstrip with no issue or loss of power. The firmware is up to date, I made sure that the firmware was completely up to date when setting it up. 
V2.3.2.56 is its current Firmware.

I have only changed the name and password. Set the location and since then left it alone after the initial setup. Without fail it keeps restarting during this time. What is causing this? My old router, a netgear R6300 started losing wifi connectivity this year after having it for several years (I beleive its been about 10 years now).

This now is beyond infuriating. Especially since this is the first Gaming router I have bought. I also work from home as an IT Remote Technician.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Router consistently rebooting daily

I'd suggest upgrading to the 3.0 beta as that may resolve the issue: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma
Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

Is it only the lan ports that stop working? 

Does wireless go down at all? 

Does it reboot during this time? 

Have you tried it on a different outlet? 

Or tried a factory reset and reinstall of it? 

Message 3 of 4
jmreeves1982
Aspirant

I have tried two different outlets as well as the power strip that my computer and peripherals are plugged into.

Both wireless and wired connections go down

I will do a factory reset shortly to test.

Currently at work so the response may be a few hours in regards to this.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7