× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router keeps loosing all internet connection.

RadenBlazed
Aspirant

Router keeps loosing all internet connection.

I have a XR500 router and a CM1000 modem... I have a few thing hard wired and the rest is on wifi. threw out the day I just randomly lose internet. I can still see everything connected to my router but everything looses internet. I have tried factory reset and im on the latest firmware.

The I have tried disconnecting from router and directly into the modem when this happens and I I can see that im still connected to internet. All the lights on the modem are working correctly so i dont think its that.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hello, sorry you're having this issue. Could you try this hotfix firmware for this issue to see if it resolves it please? https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28523-new-xr500-hotfix-firmware-for-drop-outs/
Message 2 of 12
onemarbledotcom
Initiate

I have been fighting for the last 3 hours with this router since more than half my wireless devices won't reconnect.  Even had issues with my laptop.  Did a hard reboot and the problems started.  Tried numerous fixes.  The fix was dumping Firmware 2.3.2.40 and reloading 2.3.2.32.  Never had a problem like this until today.  I have turned off the automatic update function also.  I highly recommend staying away from .40 until Netgear puts out an update to fix this issue.  Various devices from various makers.  No rhyme or reason I could ever find.  Knew something was up when even my trusty laptop would not reconnect.  My other router Nighthawk R7000 had no issues connecting to with laptop or any other device.  Found posts with people having issues with .40 firmware and decided to try it.  That was the ticket.  Good luck everyone.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 12
RadenBlazed
Aspirant

doing the firmware update has not fixed it. actually it apears to have made it worse. now instead of only dropping out a couple times a day. it apears to do it about once every hour or so.... ... pls help
Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you down grade to v32 and also perform a factory reset and setup from scratch after applying v32? 

@RadenBlazed wrote:
doing the firmware update has not fixed it. actually it apears to have made it worse. now instead of only dropping out a couple times a day. it apears to do it about once every hour or so.... ... pls help

Message 5 of 12
RadenBlazed
Aspirant

I have been doing resets every time I do a firmware update. Ill try 32 and see if that works
Message 6 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@RadenBlazed wrote:
I have been doing resets every time I do a firmware update. Ill try 32 and see if that works

Message 7 of 12
RadenBlazed
Aspirant

i wrote the moddle on the first post. its a netgear cm1000
Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, sorry I didn't see it. Ok. I would power OFF The modem for 30 seconds while a factory reset i done on the XR after downgrading. Then back on and let it sync. 

Ensure your using a good quality LAN cable between the CM and XR. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 9 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If the above doesn't resolve it I would suggest using this hotfix firmware for issues like this: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28523-new-xr500-hotfix-firmware-for-drop-outs/
Message 10 of 12
RadenBlazed
Aspirant

I already posted that didnt work fraser
Message 11 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have any consoles or devices in instant on/standby modes? If so disable that functionality, does it work then? Could be similar to a bug we're aware of
Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7