× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router redirecting to the login page

rudgo
Aspirant

Router redirecting to the login page

So i brought a new xr500 set it up connected to the internet however when i tried to go to a website it redirects to the router login page if i type the an actual ip for a site it would go to that page but will redirect to the login page for sites like yahoo, bing, google etc. I rebooted it several times stiil doint it. Its not my modem because my old router works fine with it. The internet light is on white and its getting an ip from the isp.

thanks for any help.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Have you completed the initial installation wizard on the router? You won't have Internet access until you have done this.

If you have, then try factory resetting to see if that clears the problem: https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router

Message 2 of 11
rudgo
Aspirant

Factory reset works but now the 2.4 ghz is very slow getting like 1mp up 1 mb down i tried changing the channels still slow any ideas

the 5ghz i am getting 170 down and 15 up but there is definitely a problem with the 2.4ghz I am sure its not my modem because with my old r8000 the 2.4ghz i get 50 down and 10 up

Message 3 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you set the bandwidth speeds correctly in Anti-Bufferbloat options? Have you changed any options since the reset on QoS or WiFi/Advanced WiFi settings? Are you using smart connect or is it disabled?
Message 4 of 11
rudgo
Aspirant

smart connect is disable prefer to have the choice between both antibuffer is set to never no setting was changed in the advance wifi menu.

Really with my r8000 i did not have to change anything it worked great.

Message 5 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Disable QoS in Anti-Bufferbloats' menu, if you get full speed after that then it's a QoS settings issue. If you don't then its either a WiFi settings issue or client issue
Message 6 of 11
rudgo
Aspirant

Disable Qos still a problem its not the client its the router i attached another router a r7000 through a wired connection to this router  (xr500) and set it to ap mode when i connect to the r7000 the 2.4ghz works great but if i connect back to the xr500 no more than 1mb up and 1mb down. I then change the channel on the xr to 11 and set the preamble to short i am getting lik 9 down and 3 up  with the r7000 i am getting 45 down and 9 up on 2.4ghz

not sure what it is but thr r8000 works great and the r7000 works great but the xr500 does not i also brought a r9000 that its doing the same thing the xr500 doing however they all work good on the 5ghz band

Message 7 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Has the 2.4GHz WiFi being slow only occurred since doing the factory reset? Was it fine before that?
Message 8 of 11
rudgo
Aspirant

was before that

Message 9 of 11
rudgo
Aspirant

Should I return this router? it works good otherwise but i need the 2.4ghz to function properly because i have surveillance cameras that only uses that band

Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Well I would definitely suggest contacting Netgears support, as WiFi is to do with their hardware/software they may have further steps you could take. If that doesn't work then they're likely to process a replacement anyway.
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7