× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR700 internet drops, bad packet loss

Eribos_
Tutor

Thanks again for the help it is appreciated. I would like to keep the router it has great protential, but if not resolved soon I need to find a different option. Hope you understand.

Thanks again.

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 26 of 55
Eribos_
Tutor

I forgot to add I have tried all option listed on both FW.

oldest firmware has extremly less packet loss when wired then the new version. but everything else is the same

Message 27 of 55
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes totally understand, I'd stay on the old firmware for now then in that case.

We're aware of that Geo-Filter bug and are actively debugging but shouldn't occur on the old firmware - I'm not sure if its related to the disconnections or not but shouldn't be.

On the WiFi issue we're hoping to hear back from the Netgear team soon, meanwhile do you have an active ticket ID I can pass on to expedite the process?
Message 28 of 55
Eribos_
Tutor

It still happens on the old firmware.
I don't currently have a ticket going. Should I start one?
Message 29 of 55
Eribos_
Tutor

I have started a ticket,

Ticket # 40753713

Message 30 of 55
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes creating a ticket is always a good idea. I've passed on the ID so it's being approached from both ends and will hopefully have a resolution shortly.
Message 31 of 55
Eribos_
Tutor

After a few days here is Netgears response.

"I apologize for the delayed response.
Going back to your case, I do apologize however this device is beyond my scope of support."

And gave me a dead link to proceed. I'm super disappointed in the product and now customer support. Item has been sent back.
Message 32 of 55
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Eribos - I think you may have uncovered a bug which we have a fix for. I'll email this thread to the XR700 project manager, @Altsai , to see if we can get a hotfix over to you. Hopefully you will hear from him soon.

Message 33 of 55
nwreed
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried everything listed in this and many other threads I've seen about this problem. At this point I'm getting ready to throw this expensive router out the window and go back to my 8 year old D-link because at least it will keep a connection live.

Message 34 of 55
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear that, just to double check you've tried downgrading to previous firmware and setting static IP addresses?
Message 35 of 55
nwreed
Aspirant

Yup tried that and still have the same problem. 

Message 36 of 55
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay lets keep the replies to the topic you made, I gave a response there
Message 37 of 55
nwreed
Aspirant

Will do. Thanks

Message 38 of 55
Eribos_
Tutor

Yes sad to say, I had to return and get my money back. Customer support never got back to me on my open ticket still to this day. Looks amazing on paper but does not perform as discribed.
Message 39 of 55
nwreed
Aspirant

Yeah I think that's where I'm heading with it as well

Message 40 of 55
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear about that Eribos, hopefully they'll resolve it soon and you'll consider getting the router again in future.
Message 41 of 55
iamsotorious
Aspirant

having same issue and its feb of 2019 this thing is going back Monday.

Message 42 of 55
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would highly recommend keeping the router as I fully expect that it will be resolved in the next firmware
Message 43 of 55
iamsotorious
Aspirant

What do you do on the internet in the meanwhile? just take the packet loss? Yea right, they need to see the sales on this router dwindle so it will make them think twice before putting out some half baked product. 

Message 44 of 55
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

People have downgraded to a previous firmware which resolves the issue while they wait for a fix. You'd lose some features but everything should work as expected.
Message 45 of 55
iamsotorious
Aspirant

which version of the firmware is reocmmended for that?

Message 46 of 55
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd recommend going back to the original release firmware and seeing if that resolves your issue: https://kb.netgear.com/000060213/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-20
Message 47 of 55
iamsotorious
Aspirant

so after the downgrade it did get a lot better, the router still drops packets but not as significant as before, but the fact remains its still dropping out some how. 

When previously before it would drop packet hard at the top and make a red line across all 3 and cause the hard stutter, this time it isnt hard stuttering and its only dropping at the router side. 

Tomorrow i still have the rma for amazon im torn on what to do.

Message 48 of 55
FURRYe38
Guru

You might return the unit and hold off a while until NG gets this corrected. Then come back and try another one. Just keep an eye on the download site for updates. 

@iamsotorious wrote:

so after the downgrade it did get a lot better, the router still drops packets but not as significant as before, but the fact remains its still dropping out some how. 

When previously before it would drop packet hard at the top and make a red line across all 3 and cause the hard stutter, this time it isnt hard stuttering and its only dropping at the router side. 

Tomorrow i still have the rma for amazon im torn on what to do.

Message 49 of 55
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That plot looks really good to me, the packet loss looks very minimal. If it's not actually causing you a network issue then I would say that's normal. Sometimes packet loss happens but it's not always bad. A service or program could send more packets than is needed to ensure it gets to its destination and therefore some may get dropped along the way.
Message 50 of 55
Discussion stats
  • 54 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7