× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SLOW SPEEDS

ROD211973
Aspirant

SLOW SPEEDS

I have the netgear xr700 router netgear cm1150v modem and im not getting my full speeds coming out the router but im getting full speed out the modem 

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

Re: SLOW SPEEDS

What speeds do you pay for? 

What speeds do you get from the modem?

What speeds do you get directly off the modem?

What speed do you have set for your Qos settings? You can manually adjust this.

Message 2 of 11
ROD211973
Aspirant

i pay for 1 gig down and 42 up but when coming straight out the modem i get between 920-940 down load and always get 42-43 up load but when going through the router its 400-600 down and 42-43 upload.I have the qos at 940 down 42 up 

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

Have you tried disabling qos, rebooting, and checking speed? 

Message 4 of 11
ROD211973
Aspirant

yes still slow speeds

Message 5 of 11
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Are you using a gigabit compatible ethernet cable? Have you tried multiple cables in case your original one is broken?

Message 6 of 11
ROD211973
Aspirant

yes i have new cat7 cables

Message 7 of 11
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Are you testing using a Windows PC? 

Go to Network Connections, right click ethernet, choose Properties, choose Configure, Advanced, Speed & Duplex, select 1.0Gbits Full Duplex from the list, then press Ok and close the windows.

Now if you restart the router and the computer, then do another speed test, you might find it's gone up to the full gig again.

Message 8 of 11
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

By the way, the above instructions are for Windows.

Message 9 of 11
ROD211973
Aspirant

still not getting full speeds

Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

By disabling QoS have you done so via the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line menu where you enter your speeds? Have you changed any other settings at all? I think it may be best for you to do a factory reset via the interface, go through the setup wizard - make sure the speeds entered are correct and then do a speed test.
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7