× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SX10 Setup Help

DOGGAVELI
Star

SX10 Setup Help

Hi Everyone,

I recently got the Sx10 gaming switch my home setup is ISP modem to XR700 to Sx10 I have DMZ the switch in the Xr700.

When I game though I get lag/glitchies occsionally with the Switch my internet is ADSL 2 15mbs download and 1mb upload.

I play online xbox live games BO4, WW2, Pubg, Mhalo MCC & Halo 5.

Was hoping if other people encounted this issue and any setup tips to overcome it. I'm also using the 10gb switch plug in the XR700 into the Switch all setup correctly. Appreciate any help/advice and setup options/tips.

Kind Regards,

Dogga

Model: SX10| Pro Gaming Multi-Gig Ethernet Switch
Message 1 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The switch I believe has it's own QoS/traffic management. I would suggest you disable it as it may be interfering with the XR700 QoS.
Message 2 of 19
DOGGAVELI
Star

Hi Fraser,

I've actually been doing that but it still occurs so I have stopped using the switch at the moment and just using the XR700.

Brado has had the same issue as well, so I thought I'd post in here and see if anybody else had similar issues.

Message 3 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay so it's all fine with the XR700?
Message 4 of 19
DOGGAVELI
Star

Yes sure is mate, just dissapointed with the switch just doesn't seem to be functioning to the levels I expected so stopped using it until somebody can assist a little further with settings.

Message 5 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay good to know. I'd recommend you create a ticket with Netgear in order for them to assist you further.
Message 6 of 19
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @DOGGAVELI

Thank you for your post. I'd like to help with support getting in contact with you for further troubleshooting. Please send me a PM with your name. email, and phone number. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 7 of 19
Brado78
Star

So just wonder if you could help me out as have had no luck so far searching for the issue I have?

I have the XR700 works wonderful with no issues what so ever. Still works great with no issues if I disconnect the SX10 switch.

However recently purchased a SX10 gaming switch and the netgear AMX765 10gb Sfp connected to the XR700.  My problems are I seem to have regular lag spikes or when playing Black Ops 4 connection interruptions and in Halo 5 I seem to get stuck in a loop screen when spawning.

So just wondering what settings I might need to change in the SX10 switch to stop this from occurring? Or if there is any recommended settings in Duma OS I might need to adjust to stop this from occurring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as to date have not found anything to help with my issue.

Regards John

Message 8 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would suggest you disable any QoS/Traffic Management on the switch as it's likely causing conflicts with the router QoS
Message 9 of 19
DOGGAVELI
Star

Hi Fraser,

We already do this already and still have the same issues.

We tested the XR700 byitself and it works fine but when using the switch setup without QOS we get glitching/lag

Kind Regards,

Rob.

Message 10 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry Rob I was referring to Brado's post, I'd suggest following up with Christian who should be able to help you further
Message 11 of 19
Brado78
Star

Hi Fraser,

Yes have as Rob stated have all ready tried this has not helped the issue.

I have over the last couple of days have been using bandwith rate limiting, has helped a little by making issue not last as long. 

Regards John

Message 12 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's a shame John, I'd suggest making contact with Christian as well then and he should be able to help.
Message 13 of 19
Brado78
Star

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
That's a shame John, I'd suggest making contact with Christian as well then and he should be able to help.

Hi Fraser and Christian,

Sorry i did not have the chance to conatct Christian. Also decided to just use the XR700 as netgear support made contact with Rob and could not help solve the issue. 

So wonder if the issue could be a issue with firmware version 1.0.1.8 on the XR700 ?

Udated to XR700 Firmware Version 1.0.1.10 thought i would try to switch again. To my supprise all issues i was expereince are gone and connection feels sweet as. That is also using qos on the xr700 and switch. 🙂 

I did roll back to firmware version 1.0.1.8 this morning as could not stand the slow loading times of the GUI. Thought would test out switch again on that firmware as in the time i have not been using switch have also had two upgrades at my local exchange. Thought it might have been the upgrades at my exchange stopping the issue.

However once i rolled back to firmware version 1.0.1.8 same issues occured once again. So have now upgraded to version 1.0.0.10 and once again the XR700 and switch combo are working sweet as. 

So think i will put up with the slow GUI for now as enjoying the sweet connection of the XR700 and switch combo. 

Regards John

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 14 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm not sure if it's firmware specific given that either way using two QoS solutions at the same time is not a good idea. So very strange it worked better on the new firmware! Were any settings changed between firmware?

For the new firmware I'd suggest doing a factory reset then clearing the browser cache/cookies to see if the interface speeds up. We have let the teams know though as some others are experiencing slower UI
Message 15 of 19
Brado78
Star

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
I'm not sure if it's firmware specific given that either way using two QoS solutions at the same time is not a good idea. So very strange it worked better on the new firmware! Were any settings changed between firmware?

For the new firmware I'd suggest doing a factory reset then clearing the browser cache/cookies to see if the interface speeds up. We have let the teams know though as some others are experiencing slower UI

Have not changed any setting in switch just default settings. No settings changed between firmwares on the XR700.

Will stick with 10.0.10 XR700 firware for now. As very rarley i change any settings so can live with the slow UI for now.

These are the reasons why i end up buying the switch and 10gb sfp+ and to be honest has done what it states. Expect the issues i was having with switch using the previous XR700 firmware

Regards John

Message 16 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the information John, we'll keep an eye on this. Glad to hear you're getting a great connection!
Message 17 of 19
Brado78
Star

Hi Fraser though I would give an update. So tried all different firmware using SX10 switch no issues at all unless using .8 firmware on XR700.

Rob and I are now both enjoying our XR700 and SX10 switch 10gb set up. Truly amazing what both of them do working together with no lag issues. 🙂👍
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 18 of 19
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the update and fantastic to hear that!
Message 19 of 19
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7