× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Setup Port Fowarding help on Pc please?

babybypug
Guide

Setup Port Fowarding help on Pc please?

I have all the ports ranges for battlefield 5, Modern Warfare Warzone etc.. But when i go to advace settings  then click on porfowarding utilizing a static ip. Surfed youtube more xr500 than xr700 came up. Can somone post a good picture tutorial please.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What platform are you playing the games on? UPnP should open the ports needed for the games, do you have an Open NAT already? The port settings will be the same for either router so no differences there.
Message 2 of 9
babybypug
Guide

Windows 10 64 bit . My Nat it's saying moderate in MW Warzone, and lag spikes in battlefield any help will be appreciated thanks.

Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you using the Geo-Filter as this can sometimes cause false readings of NAT. This guide should help you with Port Forwarding: https://kb.netgear.com/24290/How-do-I-add-a-custom-port-forwarding-service-on-my-Nighthawk-router

Lag spikes are probably not related though. Are you using QoS?
Message 4 of 9
babybypug
Guide

qos off and bloat off so far. thanks for the link gonna go try it.

Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I would definitely suggest using QoS as that will prevent you getting local congestion/lag.
Message 6 of 9
babybypug
Guide

Okay i setup up the custom port forwarding and went in to see if my nat changed and it was still saying moderate in warzone . Gonna activate qos and change my geo filter from 500km to may be 1000km that may help .  I'm connected to a  comcast modem wired  i never set it to bridge mode just connected and lowered my geo filter and started playing. Learning alot from this community and youtube comes in handy. Thanks alot for your help

Message 7 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does the comcast have WiFi with devices still connecting to it? If so I would suggest disabling the WiFi to have everything connected to the XR. If it does have WiFi then you will either need to use bridge mode or put the XR WAN IP found in System Information into the comcast DMZ. That should then make the NAT open.
Message 8 of 9
babybypug
Guide

Comcast modem set to bridge mode. Now testing port forwarding.thanks for the advice

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7