× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Setup

Trahern
Aspirant

Setup

Setup
Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Trahern
Aspirant

I can’t make it work. It tells me there are one of two possible problems. I went through both of them many times and it just won’t work. The second light from the left is not white like the rest are. It is orange.
Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What browser are you using?

Has a power OFF of both ISP modem and XR router been performed? Then power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the XR router. 

XR450? 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Trahern wrote:
I can’t make it work. It tells me there are one of two possible problems. I went through both of them many times and it just won’t work. The second light from the left is not white like the rest are. It is orange.

Message 4 of 6
Trahern
Aspirant

Howdy FURRYe38:

1. What firmware is currently loaded?

I have no idea. The word “firmware” is not in or on the box it came in, the insufficient instructions that came with it or on the router itself. Is what you are looking for in the below Wi-Fi properties?

SSID: NETGEAR65-5G
Protocol: 802.11ac
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 5GHz
Network channel: 153
IPv4 address: 192.168.1.3
IPv4 DNS servers: 198.162.1.1
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Description: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
Driver version: 19.51.15.3
Physical address (MAC): DC 53-60-83-18-4B

2. What is the Mfr and Model# of the ISP Modem the NG Router is connected to?

The first one I tried is a Cisco DPC3216. When I couldn’t get it to work, I took it back to my provider and got an Arris TM1602. Changing that did not help. The “Link” light on the Cisco Modem flashes normally so I re-installed it after learning the Arris TMI1602 failed.

3. What browser are you using?

I normally use the Firefox browser. After reading your concern, I tried Microsoft Explorer and Microsoft Edge, to no avail.

4. Has a power OFF of both ISP modem and XR router been performed? Then power ON the ISP Modem and let it sync. Then power on the XR router?

Lost me there. 🤠 What is an XR Router? My new router is a Netgear Nighthawk ac2600 smart WiFi router. The ID number on the box is R7450-100NAS.
I booted both of the above mentioned routers independently and also rebooted the modem independently. I also restarted both of them together, several times. I don’t remember if I booted the modem first so I carefully followed your above directions, to no avail.
I also tested the system with Windows 10’s network diagnostics program and it it repeatedly told me, “The DNS server isn’t responding.” It (with my permission) reinstalled that part of the program, to no avail.

Thanks in advance for the help. I sure hope we can get running soon.

Regards,

Trahern
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you using the R7450 router? In which case you may get better answers by posting this there: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

This forum is for the Pro Gaming line of routers - XR300/XR450/XR500/XR700
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7