× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Several Questions..

Whoisd3v
Aspirant

Several Questions..

Basically I have this issue where my signal for gaming is weak because our family modem is a floor below me. So I've been looking into finding anything that'll make that signal stronger: i.e. an extender, repeater, etc. I recently bought a Nighthawk 6700 but returned it being that it wasn't capable of being bridged or used as an extender. I needed something I could use in either mode so that I could have the wifi booster upstairs in my room, closer to my ps4 to maximize the strength. My first question is; Knowing this info, do you guys think I'd be better off getting a repeater? Or a router capable of bridge mode?

I got my R6900P today, since it was capable of bridging. I set it all up, in bridge mode and all, but it still didn't work with my PS4. I looked onto the wifi list and the SSID of the router wasn't even there, even after plugging it back into the modem via ethernet. When it's in bridge mode, is that supposed to happen? Does bridging the connection basically infuse the router into the modem's internet connection? If so, do I connect to the modem's wifi connection instead?

I'm not the biggest tech head on earth, but I know a little bit about these things, I just need answers since I can't seem to find any clear cut answer anywhere else. I need to knwow what I'm doing wrong!

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Several Questions..

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Good Luck.

@Whoisd3v wrote:

Basically I have this issue where my signal for gaming is weak because our family modem is a floor below me. So I've been looking into finding anything that'll make that signal stronger: i.e. an extender, repeater, etc. I recently bought a Nighthawk 6700 but returned it being that it wasn't capable of being bridged or used as an extender. I needed something I could use in either mode so that I could have the wifi booster upstairs in my room, closer to my ps4 to maximize the strength. My first question is; Knowing this info, do you guys think I'd be better off getting a repeater? Or a router capable of bridge mode?

I got my R6900P today, since it was capable of bridging. I set it all up, in bridge mode and all, but it still didn't work with my PS4. I looked onto the wifi list and the SSID of the router wasn't even there, even after plugging it back into the modem via ethernet. When it's in bridge mode, is that supposed to happen? Does bridging the connection basically infuse the router into the modem's internet connection? If so, do I connect to the modem's wifi connection instead?

I'm not the biggest tech head on earth, but I know a little bit about these things, I just need answers since I can't seem to find any clear cut answer anywhere else. I need to knwow what I'm doing wrong!

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7