× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow Internet speeds Wired

Slow Internet speeds Wired

Alright so I have spent a couple of minutes browsing through the forums here and I cant seem to see one that solves my issue. I have determined that the bottle neck is indeed the nighthawk. I get my speeds from the modem when I wire into just the modem with my desktop. Then when I plug in the desktop to the xr300 it then gets a fraction of the speed I should be getting. This goes for all devices wired or connected wirelessly. I have 1gbps down. But when I wire in through the xr300 I get maybe 60mbps or 150mbps at best. I did have Qos on but for testing I turned it off and nothing changes. Can someone that knows whats up help me troubleshoot this. Its maddening.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Slow Internet speeds Wired

There is one port limited to 100Mbps which would prevent you from getting higher speeds. Can you try another cable please at least Cat5e in a different port and see if the speeds increase?

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

try following this guide on optimizing the settins and bandwidth. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Ultimate-Speed-Guide-for-XR-Routers/m-...

Message 2 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you turn it off completely in the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line option menu?
Message 3 of 10

The guide did not help after following all of the provided steps. I disabled the residential gateway from my modem, changed Qos settings and everything. Still no improvement. 

Message 4 of 10

Like change it to Never? Yes if so and also I triple tried the above guide and what not. Cant get the situation to improve. 

Edit: Sorry I now see that you can further disable it and Yes I did do this and nothing has improved. 

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

What gateway is it connected to?

Message 6 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of the Device Manager table view please?
Message 7 of 10

the attached picture is the table view.

Message 8 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is one port limited to 100Mbps which would prevent you from getting higher speeds. Can you try another cable please at least Cat5e in a different port and see if the speeds increase?
Message 9 of 10

This seemed to have worked. The cable though is cat6 so I will need to find a not so faulty cable or limit the TV to wireless. Thanks for the help there. If I explored a bit more and saw the table view sooner that would have helped. Again thank you. 

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7