× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow Speed when connected my XR500 router to Netgear CM1000 modem

lokisir
Aspirant

Slow Speed when connected my XR500 router to Netgear CM1000 modem

Hello everyone, brand new here. 

I have a little issue. When I connect my XR500 router to CM1000 modem I am getting 33% of the speed of when I connect straight to the modem. Is there anything I could do to have the same speed when going thru my XR500 router? 

Doing speed test straight to the modem I am getting roughly 700mbps... when I connect router to the modem and do the speed test either straight with cable and thru WiFi, I am getting only 300mbps. 

Also, when I ran the Wizard Setup, the router was unable to obtain the speed reading from the modem. 

Any answers much appriciated. Thanks!

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Slow Speed when connected my XR500 router to Netgear CM1000 modem

What FW is currently loaded?

Swap out the LAN cable between the XR and CM. CAT6 cabling is recommended. 

You might reset the CM and XR. Then power OFF the CM and XR for 1 minute. Power on the CM and let it sync. THen power ON the XR and walk thru the setup wizard. 

My XR450 works with my CM. 

Message 2 of 4
lokisir
Aspirant

I did what you have suggested. Still out of 1gig I am getting only almost 50% and my XR500 is failing to detect internet bandwidth. What could I be doing wrong? Should I also reset my XR500 to factory settings? 

Attached is the image of the failed bandwidth test. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes power OFF the CM then do a factory reset on the XR. Power it off. THen power ON the CM and let it sync. Then power ON the XR and walk thru the setup wizard. You could try skipping the speed detect as well and go in and manually set QoS to 1000Mb UP and Down and see what happens. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7