× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow Speeds via Wifi and hardline with the XR500

Pblou916
Aspirant

Slow Speeds via Wifi and hardline with the XR500

I just in stalled the new Modem and Router. Once i did so my speeds droped from 900+mbs to under a 100mbs. If i bypass t he router i get the 900+mbs. I have tried disableing QOS and other tricks that i have read up on via the internet but to no luck. If i can't get this issue sloved soon i will be retuning the router for another option.

CM1000 paired with the XR500.

My ISP speeds are 1000/50.

The modem and router are using the latest firmware.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Slow Speeds via Wifi and hardline with the XR500

Have you tried replacing the cable? 

or manually setting the upload/download speed settings for the router? maybe its using a lower setting

https://kb.netgear.com/000053112/How-do-I-set-up-QoS-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Router

Message 2 of 5
Pblou916
Aspirant

I have a few different variations from I have read to see if maybe that was issue but no luck.
These are the combos I tried.
1. 95/50
2. 95/95
3. 97/97
4. 85/50
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

did you try changing cables? 

And why are you manually setting a low speed than what you're getting? 

manually set your isp speeds for the gigabit you subscribe to and the modem puts out. (according to your prior statements)

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In Anti-Bufferbloat options set 1000/50, then also disable QoS from that option. Confirm that in Device Manager table view that your ports are connecting at link speeds of 1000mbps. Do a wired speed test, if it's still an issue set the MAC address of the router to the MAC address of your old router in the Internet Setup page and then reboot and try again. It can sometimes take a few days to sync properly with the ISP and this can result in lower speeds temporarily.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7