× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow download speed

Compoza_
Luminary

Slow download speed

Hi! I have internet speed 500 mg download and 100 mb upload and I get lower download speed on router xr300 compared to my ISP's router. I get 450-500 mb download speed with my ISP's router, and I get 300 mb download speed on xr300. I haven't done bridge mode between them. I have the latest firmware btw. Using wired cable.

I really need help!

Regards

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Slow download speed

Do you have QoS enabled? Do your speeds return to full when you fully disable QoS from the menu in Congestion Control?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Do you have QoS enabled? Do your speeds return to full when you fully disable QoS from the menu in Congestion Control?

Message 2 of 8
Compoza_
Luminary

Hi! The current DumaOS I have doesn't have the Congestion Control. But I have disabled "Share Excess" and still doesn't work.

Message 3 of 8
Compoza_
Luminary

Hi again! I found the menu and have disabled the QoS and it works! Just now I got 490 mb download speed 🙂 But what happens when it is disabled? 

Message 4 of 8
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Good to hear! Everything is working properly then. QoS throttles your bandwidth speed to ensure it can control traffic on your network, if you run a connection benchmark with QoS enabled you should still see the speedtest shows your full speeds.

Message 5 of 8
Xcel
Apprentice

This is not normal operation. With QOS enabled and with congestion control at 100%, you should be getting full speeds. There is something wrong with QOS as I am having the same issue

Message 6 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

QoS is still active in that scenario so depending on what is set it can differ
Message 7 of 8
Compoza_
Luminary

Hi, I have already accepted the solution.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7