× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow video streaming and mobile connectivity issues

Naxterra
Apprentice

Slow video streaming and mobile connectivity issues

Hello

I am getting very slow speeds when watching videos. It can be either known networks like Youtube, Netflix, etc or other streaming sites like Rapidvideo, Streamango, Mp4upload, etc.

I have 700mbit symmetrical connection at home and I am connected via ethernet cable to my PC. If I use my mobile internet or just EdgeRouter-X, I have no problems but with XR500 I am having problems.

Also when I use WiFi with my phone, Whatsapp is taking too much time to connect. Many sites keep trying to connect, especially 9gag. Even Google Play is having troubles from time to time.

I tried Public DNS (9.9.9.9 and 8.8.8.8) and also my ISP DNS, it didn't have any effect.

I don't have QoS enabled, GeoFilter set to spectator mode.

What can I do? I turned on and off my router many times but nothing is changing.

My phone is Samsung S9+, and I have custom made PC, using Windows 10 x64. All drivers and updates are installed.

As side note, I mentioned on other post, I can't use this router for self FTP server, even with port forwarding and port triggering it is not accepting any connections.

Best regards

Nax

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Disable QoS completely from Anti-Bufferbloats options to double check that's not throttling you. If your still have the issue after that then there may be an issue elsewhere. Do you get your full speeds when doing a speedtest?

For WiFi disable smart connect and connect to the individual bands and use a WiFi analyser to find the least congested channels and change to those.
Message 2 of 5
Naxterra
Apprentice

Hello

QoS Anti Bufferbloat already set to "Never". I changed channels according recommendations of first wifi analyser program that I found in Google Play store (2.4Ghz to 7, 5Ghz to 44) but still same.

Smart connect is not enabled

Enable SSID Broadcast enabled
Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence enabled

Guest network disabled

I am getting full speed on PC around 680-700 mbit, and around 400mbit download / upload speed with my wifi connection on phone. My PC is directly connected to router via CAT7 cable. All others are using Wifi. Also if I select 5Ghz channel 52 and above, my devices are not seeing my wifi.

Best regards

Nax

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Traffic Prioritization could be taking effect which is why I mentioned to completely disable QoS. If you're getting those speeds then there should be no reason you're having this issue so would recommend calling Netgears 24/7 support line if my suggestion doesn't work. It's because they're DFS channels.
Message 4 of 5
Naxterra
Apprentice

Hello

Do they have an email address? I don't want to call USA from Poland, due to calling costs. Also my support status is like below.

Product Hardware Phone Support Chat Support Email Support
XR500 (XXXX)
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7