× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SoloQ

Soloq
Aspirant

SoloQ

Hello to everyone, anybody can tell me if i need to keep the browser open with geofilter while i play games ? ... and another question, recently i bought a second xr300, but the wierd thing is that when i play warzone with the new one, it queses me in completly diferent servers with bad ping, the other does not, i get pings like 30-35..and the new one i allways get 50+...never lover than 45..what could that problem be since both routers are identical....?

Message 1 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No you do not need to keep the web browser open in order to filter. Have you updated it to the latest firmware and performed a factory reset? Do you put it in the same place in your setup or do you connect it behind the other 300?
Message 2 of 10
Soloq
Aspirant

factory reset was made, and i put it in the same place, im not conecting one router to another, one is  my brothers router and the new one is mine, thats why i got two of them

Message 3 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So how does that work with your connection, something like this?
Modem > XR300
> XR300
Message 4 of 10
Soloq
Aspirant

No, i have isp cable directly from wall into xr300, the other router its not in my hands anymore , it was never conected both at the same time
Message 5 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's very hard to compare why the routers had different pings, especially when you don't have access to one of them. Do you have the lower ping one or the higher ping router? Did both use the same settings?
Message 6 of 10
Soloq
Aspirant

Yeah i tought it will be hard but i had to ask anyway.

Unfortunatly i got the high ping one , and the ingame servers arent working as smoothly as the previous one, literaly same settings. 

Message 7 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What Geo-Filter and QoS settings are you using? What is the modem model?
Message 8 of 10
Soloq
Aspirant

Actually i got it fixed, in a wierd way but it worked.

The first xr300 ive got , i downloaded the firmware ipdate by myself and than i gave the router location to the firmware file manualy and it worked flawless.

To the second one i gave the router the option where he goes by himself to internet and download the firmware by itself, i know it sounds strange because basically it is the same version of firmware, actually it also says “you have the latest firmware, you still want to install ... etc etc” and after i update it manually everything changed, it queue’s me in server with no more than 39 ping and the servers, hit markers, looting feels so so much smoother. Thanks for the try! Just wanted to give you a feedback! Have a great one !
Message 9 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's brilliant to hear, perhaps when it downloaded automatically it was corrupt. Thank you for sharing the solution, glad it is working!
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7