× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Speeds drop wired connection xr500

Porkslapappy
Follower

Speeds drop wired connection xr500

No matter what I do I downgrade the firmware, update firmware again,factory reset everything, disable QOS, and the speed test to set up router shows correct speed 940/55 but within an hour it’s half the speed I should be getting.
Cm1200 modem>>>Xr500 Ethernet to PCs all PCs speeds drop!

Also tried different outlets, surge protector, no surge protector, left unplugged for hours.
When replugging an restarting it I notice some restarts won’t get internet all lights are white etc the internet one stays orange unless you reboot it again sometimes 2-3 times before it connects.

It’s maybe a month old. I’m banging my head on the wall, not sure if it’s my set up or the isp not being able to handle gigabit cause went threw three of their modem router combos. Before I gave up an bought my own set up. Please help me 🙂
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: Speeds drop wired connection xr500

So this was happening on ISP modems as well? Interesting...

What speeds do you get if you connect your computer directly to the modem without the XR500 involved? Do the speeds change over time in this scenario?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7