× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stopped reaching to the back of my house

christygn
Aspirant

Stopped reaching to the back of my house

I am not a network person so please be patient.  We have not had a problem until today with my son using his Xbox.  All of a sudden he cannot get connection and his phone gets horrible WiFi connection when he is in the back of the house.  Please help.  Thank you.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Stopped reaching to the back of my house

Double check to see if the antennae have been moved from their original position or if the router itself has been moved. Also there may have been some more wifi activity in your area since COVID so use a WiFi analyser to find the least congested channel and change to that in WiFi settings.
Message 2 of 4
christygn
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  Any chance you have a link to step me through how to change the channel? Or see what channel it is using?  The only thing I can find references Netgear Genie and I am using DUMAOS on my PC browser.  In my research Netgear Genie is not available for Nighthawk.  Or am I wrong?

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I just tried this myself, it's a free WiFi analyzer for Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/wifi-analyzer/9nblggh33n0n

Make sure you're connected on your PC via WiFi then open the application. Click on the networks tab and you can see all the WiFi networks in your area and what channels they're using. Then go to WiFi Settings on the router and change to a channel that isn't being used in that list or isn't being used much for both 2.4 & 5GHz.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7