× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Streaming

Compoza_
Luminary

Streaming

Hi! What's the best settings for quality streamig on QoS? Is there anything I can do to make uploading stream stable? Could Traffic Prioritazition make a big difference for the Streaming software (OBS Studio) I'm using? Regards.
Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Streaming

You would need to have a look at what ports that software specifically uses. Keep in mind that it could potentially have an adverse affect and cause the game to lag, you will need to experiment with it. You can keep that enabled so that your game is prioritized as well.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Hey! 

Yes, you can also prioritise streaming traffic in bandwidth allocation. Alternatively, you could add a rule in Traffic prioritisation as you said, this would mean streaming traffic is prioritised over everything else in the network.

Message 2 of 4
Compoza_
Luminary

All right, but how do I do that just for streaming? I don't see any option for streaming, only for games. What ports need I to have for the streaming? Do I also need to shut down DumaOS Classified Games? Regards

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You would need to have a look at what ports that software specifically uses. Keep in mind that it could potentially have an adverse affect and cause the game to lag, you will need to experiment with it. You can keep that enabled so that your game is prioritized as well.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7