× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: *Suggestion* Do not Ping for Auto Ping

heroxoot
Apprentice

*Suggestion* Do not Ping for Auto Ping

This is a suggestion to help with games that get multiple peers to ping.  Basically if you sit on discord while playing a game, the geofilter likes to ping the discord server constantly going back and forth between peers. I have all the discord servers (west, central, east, etc.) in my allow list so they ignore radius and assist.  But I'll be playing something and it likes to jump back to the discord server to ping that again.  Same with any dedicated servers used for matchmaking. This causes auto ping to not be very helpful as I'm watching it on another monitor before I accept a match. Long story short, I won't see pings of new peers like I should because it's stuck pinging discord or a dedicated matchmaking server instead.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is nothing we can really do about that, it pings what is deemed to be the host so technically it isn't wrong but I can understand that. In that scenario would be best to do a manual ping to the game server if using something else on the console that uses a server like Discord.
Message 2 of 4
heroxoot
Apprentice

The problem with this is I cannot self ping on my dashboard. The router forces auto ping only. I kind of like having all the stuff I want in one screen. Dashboard forces auto ping.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ah I see, glad you like the dashboard feature. It's not easy for us to do manual ping on the dashboard unfortunately.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7