× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Super smash Bros Ultimate

JullianHektor
Follower

Super smash Bros Ultimate

I just bought the new Xr700 just so I can have no lag & not get disconnected during a match, I have no problem with Mario Kart 8 & Splatoon2. I have the router using the Switch Lan adapter since that’s what Nintendo recommends & which also prevents lag. Whenever I play Quickplay & Background Match I would have a 70% chance of getting disconnected & then have to wait over an hour to start back up. But when I play Battle arena/spectate there I would get disconnected very fast. PLEASE HELP ME I REALLY WANT THIS ROUTER TO WORK THE WAY IT SHOULD. I’m not familiar with the whole QOS Geofilter part but if somebody can please help me that’d be fantastic!!!

Have 100MBPS From Spectrum/using CM1150V modem. Maybe it’s the modem that’s the problem since spectrum said it’s not on their modem list.
Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you reviewed this? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/How-to-Prevent-Lag-in-Super-Smash-Bros...

Connect the gaming device directly to the modem to see if the game works with out the router online. IF the game doesnt' work right directly thru the modem then possible modem issue. ISP wouldnt' have activated the modem if it wasn't on there supported list. Something to ask them about. 

@JullianHektor wrote:
I just bought the new Xr700 just so I can have no lag & not get disconnected during a match, I have no problem with Mario Kart 8 & Splatoon2. I have the router using the Switch Lan adapter since that’s what Nintendo recommends & which also prevents lag. Whenever I play Quickplay & Background Match I would have a 70% chance of getting disconnected & then have to wait over an hour to start back up. But when I play Battle arena/spectate there I would get disconnected very fast. PLEASE HELP ME I REALLY WANT THIS ROUTER TO WORK THE WAY IT SHOULD. I’m not familiar with the whole QOS Geofilter part but if somebody can please help me that’d be fantastic!!!

Have 100MBPS From Spectrum/using CM1150V modem. Maybe it’s the modem that’s the problem since spectrum said it’s not on their modem list.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

These optimal settings guides will also help: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Let us know if you need any more help after going through these.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7