× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: System info - Router time vs current time

jmc7
Guide

System info - Router time vs current time

Hello, just got the XR500 router. Updated to latest firmware 2.2.1.10. I am on the east coast and I set the time zone to GMT-5:00 (Eastern time) Current Time: Sunday, Apr 08, 2018 13:21:20

When I go to the system info tab router time does not match the current time. If I'm reading correctly, it's like 4 hours ahead.

Router Time

Sun Apr 8 17:22:49 UTC 2018

Shouldn't the router time match with current time? I'm at a loss here. I don't see a router time setting but only a time zone setting.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you give the router a reboot it should correct itself.
Message 2 of 6
jmc7
Guide

Rebooting the router did not work so I left it off for about 2 hours. Now I go and turn it back on and I see the current time is Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 05:48:17. So now it nearly jumped 6 days into the future. I'm puzzled and not happy.

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't know why it would jump almost a month behind. Time doesn't have any bearing on the routers performance. Content Filtering will work according to your set time zone. I assume it's to do with day light savings and it hasn't adjusted correctly, I will ask a Developer tomorrow.
Message 4 of 6
jmc7
Guide

After carefully going over each setting again, I realized that the time zone setting is in GMT but router time is shown in UTC format. Is there a setting to change router time to GMT format?

With regards to the date/time jumping into the future as I previously posted, this happened because I had disconnected the router from the internet due to issue I had configuring the router and for whatever reason the date/time got messed up. I've had other routers disconnected and turned off for a period of time and it never did this. Maybe a bug.... anyway, after reconnecting all is good.

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

UTC is essentially GMT but no specific way to change how it shows the time zone. Glad to hear it!
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7