× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

This router worked well when we first purchased but having to reboot a few times a week

Ewtlong76
Follower

This router worked well when we first purchased but having to reboot a few times a week

Same here - This router worked well when we first purchased but having to reboot a few times a week because of the same troubles - and even THEN sometimes again because one of the radios won't allow devices to connect (2nd reboot typically fixes).  Also don't know how many times also that after a reboot the thing will reset to a factory setting on its own making me do a restore.  Thing needs an update badly but after a year without anything have pretty much given up.  Started looking to replace it in the next few months with something different.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: This router worked well when we first purchased but having to reboot a few times a week

Lets try to see if we can help you figure this out. 

I got my XR1000 used off Amazon last year and worked great for me while I had it online with FW v.64:

https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

How is your Basic and Advanced Wireless settings configured? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz. I use 1 and 40. 
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many? 

I set WMM, Beamforming and MIMO are enabled. 40Mhz channel width only.

After I factory reset mine and setup from scratch I set the DHCP IP address pool size to .100 to .200. 

I left Geo Filter all some of the GameOS featuers at default. Set Location to where I'm located at is all. Set the speed for my UP and DOWN that I get from the ISP service. 1Gb/50Mbps to a NG CAX80 in modem mode. 

I also keep a USB laptop cooler fan under my router for additional cooling. 

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: This router worked well when we first purchased but having to reboot a few times a week

What are the issues causing you to reboot exactly? Are you rebooting by unplugging the power? If so that's probably causing it to reset, you don't give it a chance to dump saved data before powering off so it can get wiped, best to use the button or do so from the interface.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7