× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Traffic prioritization help!

Alewi
Apprentice

Traffic prioritization help!

Hi nighthawkers,
I want to add my ps4 manually to traffic prioritization. The steps are add device, chose a game! Here is the issue... the game I want is pro evolution soccer 2020, which is not listed. So I chose advanced, source port the default (1_65535) destintaion port... I have no idea, so I also put (1-65535), protocol (udp&tcp). It worked and I got the traffic indicator red light. The problem is that the anti bufferbloat stop working! I can't control the bandwidth limit any more! What can I do to make the high traffic priority detection works as soon as I run my ps4, without waiting to run a game? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Once all the traffic from a device is added to High Priority traffic, you will no longer be able to limit it's bandwidth as it is all being prioritized.

What you should do is search online for "PES 2020 port forwarding" and put the ports that are listed into the Traffic Prioritization menu.

Message 2 of 9
Alewi
Apprentice

Hi Alex,
I will try it and tell you what gonna happen. Another quistion. Is there any way where I can get the ps4 directly prioritized when I turn it on and before i start a game?
Message 3 of 9
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I personally would recommend just using the DumaOS Classified Games option

Message 4 of 9
Alewi
Apprentice

I think it is the only way possible. I tried to adjust the input manually and I left the source port as default (1-65535) and I tried many ports for destination port, for example (80). When I do that, the traffic prioritization is triggered as soon as I run the ps4 but I can't use the anti bufferbloat, so I can't control the bandwidth. When I put the source port as (80) and the destination port as (80) the traffic prioritization is not triggered! I tried to cahange the ports and still not triggered. I think it is a software's bug or something. So I will stuck with default Duma sittings. Thank you for your answer.
Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's not a bug. Either using DumaOS Classified Games or use the 'Console' service to add the PS4 manually and it will work and allow you to use QoS at the same time.
Message 6 of 9
Alewi
Apprentice

Hi Fraser,
You are not answering my question. I know the default works fine and I know if I use to add the ps manually and choose games console also works fine, but both options will triggered just when I run a game or do a connection test on ps4. My question was if there is anyway I can make my ps4 get top priority when I turn it on and keep that always without starting a game. If there is not, then thank you.
Message 7 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's meant for low bandwidth applications like games, if it was to be enabled all the time then downloads would also be prioritized and cause your other devices to lag/buffer. You can do it but it'll cause you issues. Having it on the settings suggested will mean it only prioritizes the game when its needed.
Message 8 of 9
Alewi
Apprentice

I got it. Thank you.
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7