× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble accessing the XR500 dashboard using a mobile device

SabreAZ
Tutor

Trouble accessing the XR500 dashboard using a mobile device

I just got an XR500 router, specifically for the DumaOS features. Right now my desktop is out of commission, and personally, I don't see myself building a new pc soon, due to ridiculous memory, and video card prices.

Out of the box, the router works great. I used the Netgear Nighthawk app to setup the routers basics. I tried logging in to the router via Chrome(and every other browser I can think of on Android), and I can "get into" the dashboard. But it constantly gives me an error, see attached screenshot. Clicking on any of the icons does nothing. I tried rebooting while it sits on this screen, no luck.

So basically I'm sitting here with a 300 dollar router where I cant access 98% of its features. I have also tried pulling the desktop version of the site, no luck. Is there any way around this? Or do I have to wait for a dumaOS app to come out, that has been mentioned for months that it is coming....but when?

Anyone have any ideas?
Message 1 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Trouble accessing the XR500 dashboard using a mobile device

Hi Sabre, web GUI access via mobile devices isn't currently fully supported. However, the message you are getting occurs when you're not connected to the router. Is the device definitely connected to the router WiFi? If so disable data, does it work then? Data may be being used first.

An App will be coming but we haven't given any sort of date for that.
Message 2 of 10
SabreAZ
Tutor

I've tried with my data off, I tried with my mobile data off. I also tried on 2.4ghz wifi only. Everything yields the same result. This is really disappointing. I pretty much cannot use this router beyond the basic netgear app. Blah
Message 3 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm unsure what the cause is, I can access it fine using iPhone 6s with Safari and Chrome and also on an Android tablet. If you do a factory reset does it work then?

If not I'm assuming you may have a console? In which case you can use the browser on there to adjust settings.
Message 4 of 10
SabreAZ
Tutor

Yeah I got all my consoles online. The phone I'm using is a Galaxy S9+. I'll try my wife's tablet and console browsers.
Message 5 of 10
SabreAZ
Tutor

I've tried 2 galaxy S9+ phones. A kindle Fire tablet, my Vizio remote control tablet, my ethernet wired ps4 and xb1, and they all give me the exact same results.

Ugh, I can't even seem to be able to factory reset the router as it looks like I need access to the dash in order to do so. I feel I am screwed

This is really infuriating =(
Message 6 of 10
Xolhid
Apprentice

You can do a factory reset with the reset button on the back of the router. Push it in with a small/thin pointed object and hold it for around 10 seconds.
Message 7 of 10
SabreAZ
Tutor

With the router on or off? I held it down for 30 seconds while on, even while off. Nothing happened.
Message 8 of 10
Xolhid
Apprentice

Router on. Make sure it is fully booked. Hold down the button for 10-15 seconds. If it isn't working it's probably because the button isnt being fully pressed. Use an unfolded paper clip or safety pin works best imho.
Message 9 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above thats how you do a factory reset. It doesn't make sense that this is happening on all your devices. Do you actually have internet access through the router? Did you finish the setup wizard when first powering it on?
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7