× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble w/ all Apple Products

Lucky_K_Ducky
Follower

Trouble w/ all Apple Products

Hello! We just moved to a new home where we switched to Suddenlink and brought a brand new router - the XR500 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router. I am able to use the wifi no problem with my Windows laptop, however when trying to login on a MacBook it is unable to connect. When trying to login on our iPhones and my iPad it says incorrect password or just spins and never connects even though the password is correct. I was able to login with one of the iPhones in our home the first day and it had no trouble, however now the wifi comes and goes. It is so odd that the internet works perfectly for my windows PC, but no apple products. Please help!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Trouble w/ all Apple Products

Thanks for posting!

What firmware are you currently running? I'd advise making sure you're up to date, you can find the latest firmware here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR500#Firmware%20Version%202.3.2.66

If you do need to update, make sure you perform a factory reset after the update!

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Trouble w/ all Apple Products

What WiFi settings are you using currently? Are you using Smart Connect? If so disable that and see if they can connect more easily.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7