× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble with XR700 10G SFP+ - Not Working

Frost7
Aspirant

Trouble with XR700 10G SFP+ - Not Working

I purchased a Nighthawk SX10 10G switch and a Netgear AXM765 SFP+ module for my XR700 Router to get 10G LAN going, and I'm having severe issues.

I have already tried resetting everything to factory defaults and starting from fresh and that resolves nothing.

On the previous firmware (1.0.1.10) I was unable to get the AXM765 detected at all, at all point. It was totally non-functional, and nothing I tried got the 10G light to ever light up. On the current firmware, 1.0.1.20, the SFP+ module will function (at least apparently) after installation and a reboot of the router. When it's plugged in, the moment I turn the switch on, the 10G and both USB lights turn on, and the switch portion appears to function, with lights blinking. However the router never fully boots. There is no wifi, it cannot be contacted over ethernet for administration, and there is no internet connection. There's no apparent way to fix this.

When the SFP+ module is removed and the router rebooted, then it boots normally and has WiFi and router functionality and becomes reachable over ethernet again.

I've seen through search some posts mentioning the SFP+ port is for WAN only, but the official post about the XR700 states the following:

"10 Gigabit LAN SFP+ Port — Faster access to Network Attached Storage (NAS) for lightning-fast backup and streaming or connect to the Nighthawk Pro Gaming SX10 Multi-Gig Ethernet Switch for lower-latency LAN game parties"

Model: GS810EMX|10 Port Nighthawk 10-Multigigabit Uplinks Ethernet Plus Switch, XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Trouble with XR700 10G SFP+ - Not Working

I think this will be something you may have to contact Netgear directly about, you should be able to create a ticket here: http://support.netgear.com/ Otherwise maybe some other community members would be able to help but I haven't used that feature personally.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7