× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to port forward with R7000P

lualdu
Follower

Trying to port forward with R7000P

So I'm probably the billionth person to have a problem like this but please bare with me. I'm trying to port forward for a MC Server, and while there are a lot of posts with similar ordeals none of them seem to be quite right. So either I'm ignorant and I can't do this at all or I'm ignorant and just dumb.

I set up port forwarding for port 25565 on my local IP which is static.

I made my public IP static for good measure.

I made sure windows firewall is not blocking connections from the port.

I can connect using my local IP, but neither my friends nor I can connect with my public IP.

Portcheckers detect the port as closed with or without the server running but they only show up on the routers log when the server is up.

AFAIK my ISP is not using CGNAT, as my public IP shows up the same as it is in my settings elsewhere.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Trying to port forward with R7000P

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Good Luck.

@lualdu wrote:

So I'm probably the billionth person to have a problem like this but please bare with me. I'm trying to port forward for a MC Server, and while there are a lot of posts with similar ordeals none of them seem to be quite right. So either I'm ignorant and I can't do this at all or I'm ignorant and just dumb.

I set up port forwarding for port 25565 on my local IP which is static.

I made my public IP static for good measure.

I made sure windows firewall is not blocking connections from the port.

I can connect using my local IP, but neither my friends nor I can connect with my public IP.

Portcheckers detect the port as closed with or without the server running but they only show up on the routers log when the server is up.

AFAIK my ISP is not using CGNAT, as my public IP shows up the same as it is in my settings elsewhere.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7