× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: UI issue but Netgear tech support is the dumbest in the world.... CONTINUATION

Killhippie
Prodigy

Re: UI issue but Netgear tech support is the dumbest in the world.... CONTINUATION

If you mean in Netduma's software in table view it shows the ports the wrong way round, and the ports on the front match the ports on the back so the port closest to the WAN port is 1 then its a know issue with Neduma's software and will hoefully be fixed in the firmware update to 3.0, its just a UI glitch and does not effect the routers operation.

Message 26 of 33
bevant
Apprentice

I rest my case.

Thank you everyone.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 27 of 33
Tigsman
Tutor

I reported this issue a year or 2 ago. In this very forum. I too name everything and like order but gave up worrying about it long ago. Considering the trouble I went through with updating firmware last time with the troubled .40, I’m in no rush to update. I’ll wait.
Message 28 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I got a response from a developer. Basically the switch inside the router was put in the wrong way round, so our reading of it is incorrect because we assumed (naturally) it would be put in correctly. So I'm trying to get a dev to change that as regardless of why it has happened it does look like an issue to the end user.
Message 29 of 33
Killhippie
Prodigy

Interesting as the XR300, XR450, XR500, XR700 and thge latest router the XR1000 all have the ports that way. Thats the normal way Netgear ports run generally run and in the Netgear firmware port table view its correct its only in the Netduma Table view it differs. Ther are a few Netgear routers with Wan 4321 but not many. So that does that mean the XR1000 has this Netduma GUI issue too? its so long ago maybe you may have forgotten the issue was talked about on forum, after all it was a long time ago, Fraser. It was back in Milestone 1.3 days. Here is the link and if you scan down you will see Alex saying it was reported to Netduma as a known issue.  https://forum.netduma.com/topic/28660-wrong-lan-ports-indexing/

Message 30 of 33
Killhippie
Prodigy

Sorry for typo city

Message 31 of 33
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'm not sure, that's just what I have been told. If that is correct then I suspect it would show the same but I don't have one to hand to test it. I'll make sure it gets fixed regardless of how minor it is.
Message 32 of 33
Tigsman
Tutor

As noted when I initially posted about this in Jan, the ports on front and back of router are correctly aligned I.e. port 4 on back marking corresponds to eth 4 on front. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR500-port-assignments-backwards/m-p/1...

T

Message 33 of 33
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7