× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

UPnP on XR1000 not working after firmware update

jmychiox
Tutor

UPnP on XR1000 not working after firmware update

Recently purchased an XR1000 and the UPnP feature will not stay checked.  I don't believe this is artifactual as the devices connected are having UPnP issues.  I'm seeing another user has run into this here (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Xr1000-UPNP-broke-after-firmware-updat...).  Where my issue differs is that I have multiple consoles running simultaneously which need the same ports forwarded in order to manually accomplish what UPnP offers - how can this be resolved?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 38
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: UPnP on XR1000 not working after firmware update

Sorry to hear this!

As you might've read, Netgear are aware of this problem and will have it resolved for the next firmware update.

What's the exact make and model of your modem/router? The best solution would probably be to put the XR1000 in the DMZ of that router if possible.

Message 2 of 38
jmychiox
Tutor

Thanks for getting back to me.  It's a BGW320 running passthrough to the XR1000.

Message 3 of 38
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK thanks, are you able to take it out of passthrough and instead put the XR1000 WAN IP in the DMZ of the BGW320? After this, reboot the XR1000 and that will work just fine until UPnP is working again on the XR1000?

Message 4 of 38
jmychiox
Tutor

I'm not.  Is there an alternative solution?  Also, how soon should we expect this to be updated on the XR1000?

Message 5 of 38
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can leave in passthrough mode that's fine. UPnP should be enabled by default - it can be difficult to get an Open NAT on many consoles simultaneously even using UPnP. Easiest option would be to switch NAT to Open in WAN Settings and that should resolve it
Message 6 of 38
PiRolas
Aspirant

Tengo el mismo problema en mi XR1000. 

Experimento un juego online lento. La PlayStation 5 da problema de Nat al estar conectada a XR1000 y jugar online es una pesadilam todo el juego lento . Me da problemas con el UPnP y Nat.

¿Cuándo se va a solucionar esto? Nos gastamos mucho dinero (355 € en mi caso) en un router que no cumple con sus funciones.

Por favor, una solución YA.

Gracias (llevamos mucho tiempo esperando)

Message 7 of 38
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

¿Ha seguido los pasos de este hilo? Poner el XR en la DMZ del enrutador / módem ascendente resolverá los problemas de NAT. Luego, verifique si tiene más problemas después de eso. ¿Cuál es la marca y el modelo exactos de su módem?

Message 8 of 38
WeatherShip
Tutor

Same here..latest firmware installed......... XR1000 1.0.0.58_1.0.44

Whats up netgear? Cosmetic bug?

I have tried Edge, FF, and Chrome

Message 9 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a reset and setup from scratch been performed? 

What browser are you using? 

@WeatherShip wrote:

Same here..latest firmware installed......... XR1000 1.0.0.58_1.0.44

Whats up netgear? Cosmetic bug?

I have tried Edge, FF, and Chrome

Message 10 of 38
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Appears to be cosmetic and is actually still enabled, you can ignore it
Message 11 of 38
WeatherShip
Tutor

Motorola DOCSIS 3.1

MB8611

Factory reset did not work

Message 12 of 38
Sheldonng
Aspirant

some here.

xr1000 upnp still not work, it's netgear Give up on the xr1000 update?

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 13 of 38
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

They haven't given up don't worry, UPnP is still working in the background, they'll get it resolved
Message 14 of 38
fewjr
Aspirant

Just bought XR1000 last week. I noticed that I hadn't checked the box for upnp and when I did, it broke my open NAT to XboxLive. I am running the newest firmware update. I see after reading a couple of post on here about this that it has been going on for a while. Now we are in the middle of December. XR1000 was released last September wasn't it? Hopefully this will be resolved soon. I am in the same boat as the rest, being that when I check the upnp box and apply, the check goes away. The first time I did it I got port 3075 instead of 3074 to the Xbox Series X. The second time no ports and the check box never stayed checked. The NAT was opened before I fiddled with setting upnp, so I think it was set by default as was stated in another post. Now I'm moderate, so I guess I'll do a factory reset. 

Message 15 of 38
fewjr
Aspirant

edit...September 2020....my bad.

Message 16 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Try a reset and also press the front power button on the xbox until it shuts off, then turn back ON. Check NAT status after the router as been setup from scratch. 

@fewjr wrote:

Just bought XR1000 last week. I noticed that I hadn't checked the box for upnp and when I did, it broke my open NAT to XboxLive. I am running the newest firmware update. I see after reading a couple of post on here about this that it has been going on for a while. Now we are in the middle of December. XR1000 was released last September wasn't it? Hopefully this will be resolved soon. I am in the same boat as the rest, being that when I check the upnp box and apply, the check goes away. The first time I did it I got port 3075 instead of 3074 to the Xbox Series X. The second time no ports and the check box never stayed checked. The NAT was opened before I fiddled with setting upnp, so I think it was set by default as was stated in another post. Now I'm moderate, so I guess I'll do a factory reset. 

Message 17 of 38
fewjr
Aspirant

Thanks for response. Its the newest gigabit router Comcast/Xfinity has out there. I'm at work, so I can't give that info at this time. Will do when I get home. I have 1.2 gigabit service from them. I have it in bridge mode but I just thought I ought to look to see if upnp is enabled in the modem. I assumed bridge mode would disable that. I'll check that for the fun of it too. I'm looking forward to seeing this router improve COD Vanguard. Haven't messed with DumaOS since I was running an R1 or R2. Never could get that down to where I knew what I was doing. Thanks again.

Message 18 of 38
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Netgear are well aware of this issue and it will be fixed for the next firmware update. In the mean time, you could put the XR1000 in the DMZ of the Comcast/Xfinity modem. That would resolve any NAT issues you could be having.

Message 19 of 38
fewjr
Aspirant

Hello,
The modem is a Technicolor CGM4331COM. I did a factory reset this morning and setup from scratch. I didn't touch upnp as that's where I messed up to start with. I believe like I've read elsewhere on here that it is in upnp by default but it just doesn't show it. I'm back to an open Nat with ipv6 and all on the Xbox. One thing I've noticed in the device manager. In the tree mode the 2.4 wireless is labeled but the 5gh is not. Curious.... Nothing to do with this post though. Thanks for the help.
Message 20 of 38
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you make a new topic on that we can take a look!
Message 21 of 38
fewjr
Aspirant

The 5gh wireless was showing in the tree when I got home...strange. This morning however I am back to a moderate NAT on both Xboxes. I'm not sure whats causing these issues. I haven't made any changes in UPnP, port forwarding, DMZ at all. I was playing around with the Geo Filter last night but that was all. Any ideas? I was thinking of port forwarding but I'm not sure what's going on with UPnP. I don't want both going at the same time as thats not advised.

Message 22 of 38
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Set NAT to Open in WAN Settings and that should get you an Open NAT very easily
Message 23 of 38
JesusI_
Aspirant

When will the XR1000 update again I thought it was the router not working but I seen the Upnp is not working at all having a lot of issues please fix it asap
Message 24 of 38
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried the above steps in this thread? That should work for you.

I don't have an exact ETA as to when the next firmware will be available, but we are working on new firmwares internally at the moment so hopefully it won't be too long.

Message 25 of 38
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7