× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to Connect wireless

heeyseuss
Follower

Unable to Connect wireless

Hello! just bought this thing a couple of days ago and i had a few questions for you guys. im trying to conncet through a wireless connection and for some reason it doesnt connect. do i have to plug the ethernet cable to my modem in order for it to work or could i just connect through a wireless connection??

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Unable to Connect wireless

Way more details are needed to help us understand your problem. 

Are you struggling to connect it to your modem?

Struggling to connect wireless phone? 

You ask if you have to plug in an ethernet cable to your modem for it to work makes me question if you have this setup right. 

You need to go  Modem--->Router-->other devices (either wireless or wired) 

You have to have your modem connected to the wan port on the router via a hardwired (ethernet) connection for it to work properly.  

Here's your support page with installation instructions. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR500.aspx

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

If a computer does not recognize ("see") the wireless name "on air" (permitting the broadcast of the name is not disabled, and the wireless name was not configured) it's typically a problem with channels not supported or not allowed by the computer or it's wireless interface.

Some vendors have restricted the wireless clients to use the channel set based on the intended place of sales for the product, some vendors don't allow using channels not allowed based on the device location.

Worth a try is updating the wireless drivers beyond to what Microsoft does supply, or the OEM has originally distributed.

Simply not enough information (exact XR500 model destination, location, wireless client devices, laptop models, laptop OS, ...) to provide more help.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7