× NETGEAR would like to hear from you about specific features so we can improve your experience. To participate in this survey please click HERE.

Unable to install Plex V1.0.1.34

Xrv
Guide
Guide

Unable to install Plex V1.0.1.34

I am not able to install Plex server after updating to the latest firmware V1.0.1.34. I did a factory reset after installing the firmware and I try two different USB drives without any success.
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Unable to install Plex V1.0.1.34

The timezone may be inaccurate on the router, update the timezone to your region and then try to update plex again.
Message 2 of 16
Xrv
Guide
Guide

I already double checkt and the time zone it's correct. I had similar problem before when I used the DNS addres from vpn provider but that was with a previous firmware. Any new suggestions?
Message 3 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So you're not doing that again this time? How is the XR connected to your setup is it behind a modem or a modem/router?
Message 4 of 16
Xrv
Guide
Guide

It's correct, I am not doing that.
The router is direct connected to the internet, it's not behind modem.
Message 5 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I think creating a ticket would be best for this issue as it is a Netgear feature: http://support.netgear.com/
Message 6 of 16
andmas81
Guide

Me out

Hi, I have the same problem, did you get a fix from netgear it's starting to stress me out

Message 7 of 16
Xrv
Guide
Guide

No it's not fixed. I opened the support ticket two days ago but I didn't get response from Netgear yet.
Message 8 of 16
andmas81
Guide

have you tried rolling the firmware back?

Message 9 of 16
Xrv
Guide
Guide

Yes without success.
Message 10 of 16
andmas81
Guide

Same here. I just tried it too. I do have a bespoke firmware .18v they made for me as it took Netgear 9 months to make mine stable. I might try that but not holding my hope up. This is a brand new router, only installed it today. it was my 5th RMA. Losing faith in the brand now.

Message 11 of 16
Xrv
Guide
Guide

What you mean that is your 5 rma?
Did you get your router replaced by Netgear?
Message 12 of 16
andmas81
Guide

Yes this is my 5th replacement since December 2018. When I did the firmware upgrade last week it killed my router and wouldn’t boot up so they sent me a new one. Set it up today and that’s when Plex became unavailable.
Message 13 of 16
Xrv
Guide
Guide

That really sucks. This is my second router that I bought recently. The first one i sold because lack of upgrades.
When they started to invite people for DumaOS 3.0 beta then I decided to purchase the router. Then I realized that the beta invite was only for xr500.
Message 14 of 16
andmas81
Guide

It’s been absolutely perfect for a solid year after all the problems I had in first 9 months. Wish I’d not upgraded the firmware now 😞
I use Plex for everything and now I’m screwed until it’s fixed. Keep me updated on any fixes
Message 15 of 16
Xrv
Guide
Guide

I believe that the only solution for our problem is to get the beta DumaOS 3.0.
And yes the main purpose when I purchased the route was Plex server.
Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E